This is a fresh corn salsa recipe that is great will grilled meats and any kind of taco. I also love it just right out of the bowl.
Fresh Roasted Corn Salsa
This recipe can be made with grilled corn or corn that is roasted int the oven.
Fresh grilled corn is just barbecue weather ordered!
Roast some sweet corn on your grill this summer. It’s the perfect partner for your grilled meat! Roasted corn makes the best sweet corn salsa. If you are feeling adventerous try my Mexican Street Corn.
If you know me at all you know I am a huge fan of tacos. I honestly think that almost everything tasted better in taco form. To prove it I have a post dedicated to tacos. You will find my Carne Asada Marinade as well as the formula for vegan tacos. Plus, I have the recipe for two delicious cremas. (I am working on breaking this post apart but for now it’s all together in one comprehensive post about my love of tacos.
If you don’t have a grill you can just as easily make roasted corn in the oven.
- Just place the corn on a baking sheet under the broiler.
- Broil the fresh corn until it is charred.
- Make sure to rotate it every 5 minutes until it is done.
Making up a batch of fresh corn salsa is a great way to get a jump start on enjoying those summer flavors.
This easy corn salsa recipe is more versatile than you might expect. Use it in tacos or pair it with grilled meat of any kind. This salsa is also the perfect complement to a barbecue-centered meal.
Need some taco inspiration? Try our Carne Asada Tacos with Chipotle Crema…and yes, Corn Salsa!
Are you more of a burrito bowl kind of person? I totally get it!
Simply put all of the ingredients that you would normally put into a tortilla into a big bowl. Make sure you get all the major players for the perfect burrito bowl.
- Grilled meat or my famous Mom style taco meat. Or my Shredded Beef.
- The perfect taco seasoning recipe. You should have this at all times.
- Guac – Of course, you need guacamole.
- Rice – And if you are keeping it low-carb try my Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice.
- Salsa Fresca – The quintessential must have for all thing related to tacos.
- Crema – Find two kinds in my taco post.
If that isn’t enough inspiration check out my other taco inspired bowls.
Get all of the Beast Bowls in a Handy Dandy Cookbook HERE!
Roasted Corn Salsa
- 2 to 3 ears Roasted corn cut off the cob (grilled corn can be used too
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 2 Jalepeño or serrano peppers finely diced
- ½ Red onion diced
- ⅓ Bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- 1 L:ime juices
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- Roast the corn at 450℉ until kernels are charred. Remove them from oven and let them cool.
- Chop and dice all of the vegetables and add them to a large bowl.
- Cut kernels off of the cob and add them to the salsa.
- Add the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the ingredients together and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator in and air tight container.