This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
Looking for a fresh and tasty way to enjoy corn this summer? Look no further than this delicious corn salsa recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of this fresh corn salsa in no time.
It’s perfect for serving with all your favorite Mexican recipes, as an appetizer or snack, or when served with some tortilla chips on the side. So don’t wait any longer – give this easy corn salsa recipe a try today!
If you’re craving Chipotle’s corn salsa then you’re going to love this recipe. There are tons of fresh flavors — the perfect combination of spiciness paired with the sweetness of the corn. It’s one of my family’s favorite Mexican side dishes.
What is corn salsa?
Corn salsa is a Mexican corn salad that is made with fresh summer corn, bell peppers, cilantro, onions, peppers, and juicy tomatoes.
It’s a bit like pico de gallo with fresh corn added in. You will also see corn salsa referred to as corn pico. The fresh sweet corn pairs perfectly with the spiciness of chilies and all of the other crisp, fresh veggies that are in this recipe.
How To Eat Corn Salsa
You can eat this homemade salsa on a million different things. It’s great as a topping
Of course, it’s great with a side of salty tortilla chips. But my favorite way to eat this fresh corn salsa is on grilled salmon.
WHAT GOES INTO CORN SALSA
- Corn: Use fresh or frozen corn in this recipe. If you are using fresh corn you can use it raw, or for an extra flavor boost, roast, or grill the corn.
- Red bell pepper adds a sweet crunch.
- Serrano peppers: You can substitute jalapeño peppers if you want to have a less spicy corn salsa.
- Red onion: I like to use red onion in corn salsa instead of the traditional white onion.
- Cilantro: Fresh cilantro adds an herbaceous bite to this salsa.
- Vinegar: Sherry of apple cider vinegar.
- Fresh lime juice.
- Chili powder.
- Salt and pepper.
How To Make Roasted Corn Salsa
- Prepare the corn. If you are going to roast or grill the corn, get this done first so that the corn has time to cool.
- Slice and seed the peppers. Finely dice the serrano peppers and add them to a large bowl.
- Add about ⅓ of a cup of red onion to the bowl. Add the fresh lime juice and a little bit of kosher salt. Let the onions and peppers marinate while you cut the remaining veggies
- Finely dice one red bell pepper. Make sure to remove the seeds and white membrane that is in the center. Add the finely diced red pepper to the bowl.
- Cut the corn kernels off of the cobs. I used 6 ears of corn for this recipe. You want about 4 cups of corn. If you are short on time, or corn isn’t in season but you have to have this salsa, sub in frozen corn. Just thaw first.
- Add finely chopped cilantro.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, honey, and a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Give everything a good stir.
- Corn salsa with black beans. Add one can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Add diced avocado. Avocado is an excellent addition to this fresh corn salsa recipe. Add diced avocado right before serving.
- Pro Tip: Dice the avocado and squeeze it with fresh lime juice to help it keep from browning in the salad.
- Smoked paprika. 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika adds a touch of smoky flavor to corn salsa.
- Yellow corn or white corn. You can use whatever corn is in season. White corn is sweeter and has more tender skin. Yellow corn gives this salsa a nice bright yellow pop of color.
Corn Salsa Tips
How do you roast corn in the oven?
The best way to roast corn in the oven. Just place the corn on a baking sheet under the broiler and broil until the fresh corn is charred. Make sure to rotate every 5 minutes until done!
How to Grill Corn
For this recipe grill the corn without the husks on direct heat. heat the grill to medium-high heat and grill the corn for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn several times during the cooking time.
Can you freeze corn salsa?
Yes, you can freeze this corn salsa recipe in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Place it in the refrigerator to thaw.
What To Eat Corn Salsa With
Corn salsa pairs perfectly with Mexican food. Serve it on tacos or as a side with grilled meat.
- Grilled meats. Chicken, pork, beef, or shrimp are all equally delicious with corn salsa. My favorite grilled salmon.
- Tacos. My famous Mom Style Taco Meat or my Mexican Shredded Beef.
- Mexican Rice: And if you are keeping it low-carb try my Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice.
Hungry For More Salsa Recipes
Corn Salsa Recipe
- 2 to 3 ears roasted corn, cut off the cob (grilled corn can be used too)
- 1 Red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 serrano peppers, finely diced
- ½ Red onion, diced
- ⅓ Bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil (affiliate link)
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- Roast the corn at 450℉ until kernels are charred. Remove them from oven and let them cool.
- Chop and dice all of the vegetables and add them to a large bowl.
- Cut the kernels off of the cob and add them to the salsa.
- Add the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the ingredients together and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator in and air tight container.
Laura’s Tips + Notes
YOUR OWN NOTES
Sign In to add your own private notes