Give me tacos or give me death! Or at least give me some tasty beef that I can use in a lot of different ways, so I don't feel like I'm eating the same thing all week. Am I right?
Super-Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
I have several versions of my easy shredded beef that I make, depending on what I am craving in a particular week.
Here are the two recipes that I make most often, both are super yummy and perfect for cooking ahead so you can have protein ready and waiting all week!
This Shredded beef can be made in a slow cooker or an Instant Pot.
Just keep in mind that with a slow cooker you can let it cook all day while you're at work. The Instant Pot Version is done in under an hour, but you'll need to be ready to babysit your Instant Pot.
It's effortless to tweak the flavors of this recipe!
My favorite way of preparing this beef is with a simple taco seasoning rub, then just add a can of chilis and a can of fire-roasted tomatoes.
If you've been hanging out here for any time at all, you probably know that tacos are my jam. I can probably put anything on a corn tortilla with some spicy sauce and be happy as a clam.
For the second version, I use a mocha rub that I found in Steph Gaudreau's Performance Paleo Cookbook. I simply add beef broth and then let this roast cook. The recipe here is adapted from her original recipe.
How to Serve Shredded Beef
The beauty of cooking with core proteins in mind is that you can cook up a batch and then serve it in several different ways. My top 5 ways to eat shredded beef:
- Make tacos.
- On top of a salad.
- With roasted corn salsa or border corn.
- With sweet potatoes and a side salad.
- Make a burrito bowl.
More Beef Recipes
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going on in your kitchen. Please show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a five ★ review and a comment!
Shredded Beef with Green Chilis
- 4 lbs Chuck Roast
- 1 can Diced Green Chilis
- 1 can Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
Taco Seasoning (Makes about 1 cup)
- Make a batch of taco seasoning.
- Add meat to your slow cooker
- Sprinkle a few tbsps of spice mix onto the chuck roast and rub to coat.
- Add can of chilis and tomatoes. (Including all liquid)
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Meat should be fork tender.
- Remove and let cook on a cutting board for a few minutes.
- Using 2 forks shred the beef and serve with taco fixings or your favorite veggie sides.