This is just the recipe. I realized when I was sharing my email that I didn’t have this on the blog yet. The HORROR!
I will be back to write more content here soon. But, I couldn’t wait to post this recipe.
Hawaiian Mac Salad
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 scallions green onions, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated
- 1 celery rib chopped fine
Make The Dressing
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup mayonnaise, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper in a bowl.
Cook The Pasta
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta and cook until very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot. Add vinegar and toss until absorbed.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Cool pasta for about 10 minutes, then add the dressing to the pasta and stir dressing until pasta is well coated. Cool completely.
Assemble The Salad
- Add scallions, carrot, celery, remaining milk, and remaining mayonnaise to the pot with pasta mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl and refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Serve.