The Siesta Cocktail is a modern tequila-based cocktail recipe made with Campari and a refreshing splash of grapefruit and lime.
History of the Siesta Cocktail
Mixologist Katie Stipe created the Siesta Cocktail recipe. This cocktail first came on the scene in 2006. Stipe created this tequila-based spin on the Hemingway Daiquiri to celebrate tequila in mixed cocktails.
What You’ll Need
- Tequila. This cocktail calls for white tequila.
- Campari. Campari is an Italian liqueur that gives the cocktail a sophisticated vibe.
- Grapefruit juice
- Lime juice
- Simple Syrup
- A cocktail shaker
How to make this cocktail
- Add the tequila, Campari, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail glass and garnish it with a citrus wedge. or dehydrated citrus slice.
How to Serve a Siesta Cocktail
Serve this cocktail in a chilled glass garnished with a wedge of fresh grapefruit or lime.
The best glass for this cocktail is Coupe or a Jack and Jill. You can also serve this drink in a martini glass.
What to Serve With A Siesta Cocktail
Tequila cocktails are perfect to serve with all of your favorite Mexican Food Recipes.
Thirsty for more cocktail recipes?
Summer and cocktails are perfect partners. Check out our summer cocktail lineup and find a new refreshing favorite.
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Pineapple Martini
- Mai Tai
- Blue Hawaii Cocktail
- Hemingway Daiquiri
- Brown Derby Cocktail
- Homemade Simple Syrup
Siesta Cocktail Recipe
- crushed ice
- 2 oz tequila blanco
- ½ oz Campari
- ½ oz grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ oz lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ oz simple syrup
- grapefuit or lime wedge
- Fill a cocktail mixer with crushed ice.crushed ice
- Add all of the ingredients to the cocktail shaker. Shake and then pour into chilled cocktail glasses.2 oz tequila blanco, ½ oz Campari, ½ oz grapefruit juice, ½ oz lime juice, ½ oz simple syrup
- Garnish with a grapefruit or lime wedge.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Sign In to add your own private notes