Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower Rice is a delicious low-carb ‘keto rice’ alternative for your favorite rice and burrito bowls. Chipotle’s copycat recipe for their cilantro lime cauliflower rice. All the flavor, none of the carbs.
This easy cauliflower rice recipe was the first recipe that I posted on Foodology Geek. Oddly enough, the post that I originally wrote had nothing about making cauliflower rice in it.
Since then, I’ve learned a lot about writing recipe content for people that actually would like to recreate a recipe.
You’re definitely going to want to add this easy-to-make keto rice recipe to your weekly meal prep rotation.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
- Easy. You can use a box grater or the grater blade on your food processor to rice cauliflower.
- Low Carb. Keto rice is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy all of your favorite rice dishes without affecting your blood sugar.
- Delicious. Cilantro lime cauliflower rice is perfect for making Chipotle-style burrito bowls.
You only need a few ingredients to make the best cauliflower rice. Once you’ve mastered the basics, you’ll be able to make a ton of different healthy cauliflower rice recipes.
- Cauliflower. One large head of cauliflower is perfect. Usually, one head of cauliflower will give you 3 to 4 cups of riced cauliflower.
- Cilantro. Fresh cilantro gives this recipe its signature flavor.
- Lime juice. Use fresh Mexican limes for the best flavor. In a pinch, you can use bottled lime juice.
- Seasonings. Onions, salt, and pepper, cumin.
Step 1 — Start by grating the cauliflower
Use a box grater or the grater blade on your food processor.
Step 2 — Sauté the onion
Finely dice half of a white onion. In a large skillet, add about one teaspoon of oil. Sauté the onion until it is translucent and just starting to caramelize. It takes about 5 to 6 minutes.
Step 3 — Add the grated cauliflower
Add the riced cauliflower to the pan and sauté for several minutes.
You can use frozen riced cauliflower here.
Step 4 — Season with cilantro and lime
Season the rice with cilantro and lime juice. Add the salt, pepper, and cumin.
Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
Step 5 — Serve with your favorite burrito bowl toppings or as a side dish.
Now that you’ve made the BEST cauliflower rice recipe, serve it with your favorite grilled chicken, or chipotle burrito bowl.
FAQs and Expert Tips
Traditional cilantro lime rice has about 45 grams of carbohydrates per cup. When compared to Cauliflower rice, which has only about 3 net grams of carbohydrates per cup. Cauliflower is a healthy and tasty substitute for traditional rice.
Chipotle’s latest plant-based option is freshly grilled, riced cauliflower, finished with hand-chopped cilantro, lime, and salt. This recipe will give you the low-carb cilantro-lime flavor that you’re craving.
Frozen cauliflower rice can be used in this recipe and many other keto rice recipes. Frozen riced cauliflower is an easy shortcut for this recipe.
You can substitute this recipe for any recipe that calls for rice. I use it often to make fried rice recipes.
- Curried Cauliflower Rice: Add one teaspoon of yellow curry powder and 1 cup of frozen green peas to this recipe. Serve with grilled chicken skewers.
- Super Simple Cauliflower Rice: Step-by-step of how to make perfect cauliflower rice every time.
What to serve with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Curry Chicken
- Grilled Chicken
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls
- Steak Fajitas
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Easy Steak Fajitas | Sheet Pan Recipe
The BEST Shish Kabobs (with Beef)
Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Fall Veggies
Chipotle Chicken Meal-Prep
Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
How to Make Shredded Beef
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what’s going on in your kitchen. Show me what you’re cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a five ★ review and a comment!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, or olive oil
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 1 head cauliflower, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup frozen peas, optional
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- lime wedges, for serving
- Add the coconut oil to a large skillet and bring to med high heat.1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Add the diced onions, sauce until lightly carmelized.1/2 white onion
- Add the grated cauliflower to pan. Cook until tender.1 head cauliflower
- Add the salt, pepper, and cumin.1 teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ¼ teaspoon cumin
- If you're using frozen peas, add them now. Allow them to cook until they're completely warmed through.
- Remove the cauliflower rice from heat. Add the cilantro and lime juice. Toss to combine.1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Serve with extra wedges of lime.