Halloween marks the height of pumpkin season.
I was joking the other day that November 1st is the day pumpkins become friendly again. Regardless, we’re still in pumpkin-spice-everything mode! We wanted to share our favorite pumpkin recipes.
Chill in the air. The beauty of Fall colors is all around us. I start looking forward to spending more time with friends and family during the holidays…
I find myself inspired to cook all sorts of warm and cozy comfort food. Being in season, pumpkin or some form of squash often takes center stage.
Here are some fall-inspired ideas to fuel your cooking creativity!
In a bowl to warm your hands…
- Maple Pumpkin Spiced Oats – start your day off right, or stay in your jammies until lunch!
- Pumpkin Spiced Soup – this vegan soup is perfect for a rainy day.
- Butternut Squash Alfredo with Pancetta and Kale – dinner in a bowl, for family or guests.
- Or, its equally delicious vegan cousin: Vegan Alfredo with Butternut Squash and Kale
A healthy delicious appetizer or snack…
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Kale Pesto – elevate the flavor of the squash with some pesto!
- No Bake Pumpkin Protein Bites – a sweet snack that won’t put your nutritional goals off the rails.
Or perhaps something sweet…
- Pumpkin Pie – don’t buy the canned pie filling. Pumpkin pie is easy to make (traditional or vegan)!
- Old Fashioned Pumpkin Donuts – this is a fun rainy day cooking project, especially if you have older kids.
Finally, the secret ingredient to many of these recipes is Pumpkin Pie Spice!
You can get Foodology Geek’s recipe for this spice blend FREE! Simply sign up with your email address. [While we publish new recipes almost every day, we only email out digests twice each week.] [mc4wp_form id=”1940″]
Let us know what you create. We love to hear from you![contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]