Halloween marks the height of pumpkin season.
I was joking the other day that November 1st is the day pumpkins become friendly again. Regardless, we’re still in pumpkin-spice-everything mode! We wanted to share our favorite pumpkin recipes.
Chill in the air. The beauty of Fall colors is all around us. I start looking forward to spending more time with friends and family during the holidays…
I find myself inspired to cook all sorts of warm and cozy comfort food. Being in season, pumpkin or some form of squash often takes center stage.
Here are some fall-inspired ideas to fuel your cooking creativity!
In a bowl to warm your hands…
- Maple Pumpkin Spiced Oats – start your day off right, or stay in your jammies until lunch!
- Pumpkin Spiced Soup – this vegan soup is perfect for a rainy day.
- Butternut Squash Alfredo with Pancetta and Kale – dinner in a bowl, for family or guests.
- Or, its equally delicious vegan cousin: Vegan Alfredo with Butternut Squash and Kale
A healthy delicious appetizer or snack…
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Kale Pesto – elevate the flavor of the squash with some pesto!
- No Bake Pumpkin Protein Bites – a sweet snack that won’t put your nutritional goals off the rails.
Or perhaps something sweet…
- Pumpkin Pie – don’t buy the canned pie filling. Pumpkin pie is easy to make (traditional or vegan)!
- Old Fashioned Pumpkin Donuts – this is a fun rainy day cooking project, especially if you have older kids.