This Sour Cream Cheesecake Recipe Is A Keeper!
…a pull it out every holiday kind of keeperJump to Recipe
Father’s Day is right around the corner
Your dad would LOVE this cheesecake
I don’t even know where I originally got this cheesecake recipe; but it has been my go to ever since. My favorite things about this cheesecake are that; (1) it’s super easy, (2) it never cracks, and (3) it tastes amazing. The texture and flavor of this cheesecake is perfect.
It’s everything you want cheesecake to be
It’s creamy but not too heavy and the orange zest gives this cheesecake a fresh citrusy note that reminds you of sunshine. The crust is graham toasty sweet with a hint of cinnamon and a nuttiness from ground walnuts. It beats Cheesecake Factory all day long! Topping it with berries and whipped cream makes it as pretty as it is delicious.
I know once you make this cheesecake it is going to be your go to recipe too!
The Best Sour Cream Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 7 tbsp butter melted
- 3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 16 oz container sour cream
- zest of one orange
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean halved lengthwise and scraped
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat Oven to 350℉
- Wrap the outside of a springform pan in aluminum foil and place on top of a baking sheet.
- Finely grind graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, cinnamon and sugar in a food processor.
- Add melted butter and process until all crumbs are moist.
- Press into the bottom and sides of the spring form pan.
- Bake crust until is just begins to brown, for about 15 minutes.
- Let crust cool while you make the filling. Maintain the oven temperature.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth.
- Add sour cream, orange peel, vanilla, and the scrapings of the vanilla bean.
- Add eggs one at a time. Blend well.
- Pour filling mixture into crust.
- Bake until edges no longer move, about 1 hr and 5 min.
- Remove and place on rack.
- Place cheesecake directly into the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Loosen edges by running a knife around the outside of crust.
- Release pan, transfer to a cake plate and serve.