Everybody should enjoy a fantastic holiday pie!
These Mini Vegan Pumpkin Pies are also dairy and gluten-free (as long as you use gluten free oats).
The holidays are filled with baked goods and sweet treats. Because my daughter (Bean) is vegan, I always try to make sure there are things that she can enjoy as well. I know you’ll probably have at least one guest with some kind of food intolerance. These cute little pumpkin tartlets fit the bill in almost every situation. [Nut allergy people, try my traditional pumpkin pie tartlets.]
Being a mom of a vegan has challenged me to think outside the box when it comes to cooking and creating recipes. If you’re eating the Standard American Diet you probably don’t think about whether or not your pie has an egg in it.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
I know it’s not even Halloween yet; but, I’m already thinking about what I am going to make for the Holidays.
And being a food blogger, we are testing recipes much earlier than we even put them out on the blog. Luckily, I have a lot of happy food testers that are always eager to give my recipes a try.
These vegan pumpkin pie tartlets were one of those tests. They came out even better than expected.
Whenever I start to create a recipe, I look at cookbooks and magazines and other food blogs for inspiration; and then I cook from what I know. Sometimes when I am creating a vegan recipe, it’s a flop. Like the first time I tried making vegan energy bites. Ummm…those were disgusting! I know I’ve hit a home run if it’s approved by Bean!
This recipe definitely took a win. I served them with a big a dollop of coconut whipped cream. It warmed my heart to see Bean so excited to have a delicious holiday treat that she could enjoy!
Make sure you check out our Vegan and Vegan-Adaptable recipes. We have a ton of them!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Tarts
- Grind oats in a food processor. (I use a small one.)
- Chop dates in food processor, add to a bowl.
- Chop almonds until really fine, add to bowl.
- Melt butter, add to bowl.
- Add honey or maple syrup.
- Stir until combined.
- Press 1/4 of the mixture into each tartlet pan.
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat, cool for a few minutes and then pour 1/4 mixture into each tartlet pan.
- Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- Refrigerate one can of coconut milk overnight.
- Open scrape into a bowl, add 1 tsp vanilla and a few tsp of sugar, to taste.
- Whip with stick blender or hand blender.