There is nothing like a warm bowl of these maple pumpkin spiced oats to get you in the mood for crisper weather. This bowl of warm pumpkin-spiced deliciousness is vegan and gluten-free.
I love everything Pumpkin!
After working on my Pumpkin Pie recipe, I had some extra pumpkin puree leftover. I really hate to waste food.
Being a food blogger there is a lot of cooking that happens - and a lot of leftovers. I am always trying to find ways to use up anything that I can.
This pumpkin spice oatmeal was the perfect healthy breakfast recipe to use up all of my leftover pumpkin puree.
As I was making them it occurred to me that this recipe would also work well in a slow cooker. With holidays coming and family in town, it is great to be able to make something easy that doesn't leave you trapped in the kitchen. Imagine how good it would smell, too!
I recently fell in love with Runamok maple syrup.
I picked up some of this maple syrup before we headed out on our last camping trip. We drizzled it in on the amazing Kodiak protein pancakes we made. Yum!
It's also absolutely fantastic in these pumpkin oats. (Now, I'm in the mood for pumpkin pancakes, too!)
More Pumpkin Recipes That You'll Love
- Classic Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Tart
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Bites
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Pumpkin Soup
- Old Fashioned Pumpkin Donuts
Maple Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal
- chopped pecans
- maple syrup
- flaked unsweetened coconut
- Bring water, salt, and pumpkin puree to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add oats, return to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, and coconut milk.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionnaly until liquid is absorbed and oats are desired tenderness.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Serve and top with you desired toppings.