If you like buffalo wings then you're going to love this homemade buffalo seasoning blend recipe. This spicy blend will add flavor to your favorite buffalo inspired chicken recipes.
I might be addicted to Franks Red Hot buffalo sauce. I love the spicy, vinegary tang of this world-famous wing sauce. Baked chicken drowning in hot sauce is one of my favorite things.
At least once a week I bake a batch of chicken breasts just so I have them in the fridge. One of my favorite flavor combos is an easy buffalo chicken recipe.
This spicy chicken is also featured in my Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep Bowl which is a low carb keto meal prep bowl with all the flavor you crave in a big 'ole plate of hot wings. It's healthy and so delicious.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
- Easy. Makes meal prep super easy.
- Quick. Adds flavor in no time.
Making homemade spice blend only requires one thing. Fresh, high quality spices. I usually buy spices from Mountain Rose Herbs.
I make a lot of different spice blends that I keep on hand. It's seriously my secret weapon for ultra-fast meal prep. Seasoning blends are easy chicken recipes best friend.
Check out my post on Seasoning Blends and setting up your spice cabinet.
Ingredients for Buffalo Seasoning Blend
- Garlic granules — I use garlic granules instead of powder because I find that it keeps better in a blend. The fine powder tends to cake up.
- Onion granules — Same for the onion granules.
- Paprika — Use sweet paprika in this recipe.
- Cayenne pepper — Adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to suit your palate. I like mine spicy, so I always add more.
- Salt and pepper — I use kosher salt or Himalayan salt in almost everything I cook.
There's only one step here. Measure and mix all of the ingredients.
Store in an airtight container.
How to use buffalo seasoning
- Sprinkle on chicken breasts or thighs and bake.
- Sprinkle on shrimp and pan sear.
- Add to chicken, cook in the Instant pot, then shred.
- Toss wings and drummettes in buffalo seasoning. Air fry and then add buffalo wing sauce. Serve with blue cheese dressing and carrots and celery sticks.
FAQs and Expert Tips
Buffalo seasoning is made of garlic, onion, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
Buffalo seasoning has an unmistakable taste. the combination of garlic, paprika, and cayenne pepper add a spicy kick to chicken. When paired with buffalo sauce that spicy vinegary flavor is definitely addictive.
Other Seasoning Blend Recipes That You’ll Love
How to use Buffalo Seasoning Blend
- Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep Bowl
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Shrimp Jalapeño Popper
Buffalo Seasoning Blend
- air tight spice jars
- Measure the spices, mix, and store in an airtight container.