This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
If you like Buffalo wings, then you’re going to love this homemade Buffalo seasoning blend recipe. This spicy blend will add mega flavor to your favorite Buffalo-inspired chicken recipes.
I might be addicted to Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. I love the spicy, vinegary tang of this world-famous wing sauce. Shredded chicken drowning in hot sauce straight out of the slow cooker is one of my favorite comfort foods. Of course, it’s always amazing on some classic chicken wings.
At least once a week, I bake a batch of chicken breasts just so I have them in the fridge ready to go for a quick and easy weeknight meal. One of my favorite flavor combos when I’m cooking chicken is an easy Buffalo chicken recipe.
However, I also use this seasoning blend to make Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls and my Buffalo Chicken Dip. Both of these family loved recipes are perfect for Super Bowl snacking. And don’t forget about my Gourmet Buffalo Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers.
This spicy chicken is also featured in my Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep Bowl which is a low carb, keto meal prep bowl with all the flavor you crave in a big ol’ plate of hot wings. It’s healthy and so delicious.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
- Easy. Having this spice mix on hand makes meal prep super easy. Mix up a bunch of these sweet and spicy mixes and keep them in your cupboard!
- Quick. When you’re wanting all-day flavor but only want to spend like 15 minutes or 30 minutes at the most, this spice combo is magical. Transform boring chicken or veggies with just a quick sprinkle. Genius.
I make a lot of different spice blends that I keep on hand all the time. It’s seriously my secret weapon for ultra-fast meal prep. Seasoning blends are easy chicken recipes’ best friend.
Check out my post on Seasoning Blends and setting up your spice cabinet.
Ingredients for Buffalo Seasoning Blend
- Garlic granules — I use dried garlic granules instead of garlic powder because I find that it keeps better in a blend. The fine powder tends to cake up.
- Onion granules — Same for the onion granules! Of course, in a pinch, onion powder will work.
- Paprika — Use sweet paprika in this recipe, or experiment with smoked paprika!
- Cayenne pepper — Adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to suit your palate. I like mine spicy, so I always add more.
- Salt and pepper — I use Kosher salt or Himalayan salt in almost everything I cook.
There’s only one step here. Measure and mix all of the ingredients.
Yep, that’s it! Store in an airtight container.
How to use Buffalo seasoning:
- Use as a dry rub on grilled chicken breasts or baked chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle on shrimp and pan sear in olive oil on medium high heat, or make these bacon-wrapped shrimp.
- Add to chicken, cook in an Instant Pot, then shred.
- Toss chicken wings and drumettes in Buffalo seasoning. Air fry and then add Buffalo wing sauce. Serve with blue cheese dressing and carrots and celery sticks.
FAQs and Expert Tips
Buffalo seasoning is made of garlic, onion, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
Buffalo seasoning has an unmistakable taste. The combination of garlic, paprika, and cayenne pepper adds a spicy, savory, smoky kick to chicken. When paired with Buffalo sauce, that spicy, vinegary flavor is definitely addictive.
How to use Buffalo Seasoning Blend
Other Seasoning Blend Recipes That You’ll Love
Buffalo Seasoning Blend
- Measure the spices, mix, and store in an airtight container.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Sign In to add your own private notes