This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
My Buffalo Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers are an upgraded version of the classic jalapeño poppers recipe. Shrimp seasoned with buffalo spice, stuffed with brie, and then wrapped in bacon.
There’s a reason that these shrimp jalapeno poppers are one of my most requested recipes. I mean seriously what’s not to love here?
I was inspired to make this Super Bowl appetizer when I was down in San Diego visiting family.
My sister-in-law was telling me a story about these jalapeño poppers her friend made and how spicy they were. At the exact same time, I was watching Ree Drummond make brie stuffed mushrooms for her Super Bowl party line-up.
Then… bam! Buffalo Shrimp and brie found their way into a jalapeño and got wrapped in bacon for the win!
This is how my brain works folks! 85% of the time, I’m thinking about food and how to cook it!
What You’ll Need
- Brie Cheese
- Buffalo Seasoning – Check out our house blend.
Step 1 – Slice the jalapeños in half
Step 2 — Season the buffalo shrimp
Clean and season the shrimp with a buffalo seasoning blend. I use a homemade buffalo seasoning that is fantastic on everything from this shrimp to chicken.
Step 3 — Stuff the jalapeños
Each jalapeño is stuffed with a chunk of creamy brie cheese, and a buffalo spiced shrimp.
Step 4 — Wrap with Bacon
Wrap the stuffed jalapeno poppers with thick bacon and secure it with a toothpick, if needed.
Step 5 — Bake the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
Other Appetizer Recipes that You’re Going to Love
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Southwest Egg Rolls (Vegan)
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Easy Hummus Dip
- The BEST Guacamole
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip
Buffalo Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers
- 2 tbsp Buffalo Seasoning Mix
- 12 jalapeño peppers, halved and seeded
- 24 Shrimp, medium, raw, tail-off
- 1 round triple cream brie
- 24 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or foil.
- Preheat the oven to 425℉
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel.
- Cut all of the jalapeños in half and seed them. It's a good idea to use gloves for this step.
- Slice the brie into 24 pieces, they don't have to be exactly the same size, but close.
- Toss the shrimp with the buffalo seasoning.
- Start to assemble: Add a piece of brie and one shrimp to each jalapeño, then wrap with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the bacon-wrapped poppers on to your baking sheet. Make sure that they have plenty of space. This makes sure that they get crispy while baking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so make sure that you watch them. I usually rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Sign In to add your own private notes