Buffalo Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers. Yum! This recipe is a spin on the traditional Super Bowl snack. Shrimp seasoned with buffalo spice, stuffed with brie, and then wrapped in bacon.
I was inspired to make this bombastic Super Bowl appetizer when I was down in San Diego visiting family.
My sister-in-law was telling me a story about these jalapeño poppers her friend made and how spicy they were.
At the exact same time, I was watching Ree Drummond make brie stuffed mushrooms for her Super Bowl party line-up.
Then... bam! Buffalo Shrimp and brie found their way into a jalapeño and got wrapped in bacon for the win!
This is how my brain works folks! 85% of the time, I'm thinking about food and how to cook it!
I can be watching MacGyver and get inspired you never know when it'll happen. But, when it does, it's usually pretty fantastic.
If you're like me, you only watch Super Bowl for the commercials. Well, and the party snacks.
I grew up in a family that wasn't really into sports, but we always loved appetizers and party snacks. A lot of my friends are surprised when I tell them I don't watch sports.
I'm a tomboy, so I guess they figure I should be all about jocking it out! I grew up riding dirt bikes and playing in the mud, and I'm super into ballet and MMA fighting. Go figure!
Add about 5 cups of chili to a slow cooker on low. To that, add 5 cups of shredded or diced cheddar or Monterey jack cheese. Let it melt and watch the magic happen.
Buffalo Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers
- 2 tbsp Buffalo Seasoning Mix
- 12 Jalapeño Peppers halved and seeded
- 24 Shrimp medium, raw, tail-off
- 1 round Triple Cream Brie
- 24 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 425℉
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel.
- Cut all of the jalapeños in half and seed them. It's a good idea to use gloves for this step.
- Slice the brie into 24 pieces, they don't have to be exactly the same size, but close.
- Toss the thawed shrimp with the buffalo seasoning.
- Start to assemble: Add a piece of brie and one shrimp to each jalapeño, then wrap with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the bacon-wrapped poppers on to your baking sheet. Make sure that they have plenty of space. This makes sure that they get crispy while baking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so make sure that you watch them. I usually rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time.