Buffalo Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers. Yum! This recipe is an upgraded version of classic jalapeño poppers. Shrimp seasoned with buffalo spice, stuffed with brie, and then wrapped in bacon.
I was inspired to make this bombastic Super Bowl appetizer when I was down in San Diego visiting family.
My sister-in-law was telling me a story about these jalapeño poppers her friend made and how spicy they were. At the exact same time, I was watching Ree Drummond make brie stuffed mushrooms for her Super Bowl party line-up.
Then... bam! Buffalo Shrimp and brie found their way into a jalapeño and got wrapped in bacon for the win!
This is how my brain works folks! 85% of the time, I'm thinking about food and how to cook it!
What You'll Need
- Brie Cheese
- Buffalo Seasoning - Check out our house blend.
Step 1 – Slice the jalapeños in half.
Step 2 — Season the shrimp.
Step 3 — Stuff the jalapeños.
Step 4 — Wrap with Bacon
Step 5 — Bake.
Other Appetizer Recipes that You're Going to Love
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Southwest Egg Rolls (Vegan)
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Easy Hummus Dip
- The BEST Guacamole
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip
Buffalo Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers
- 2 tbsp Buffalo Seasoning Mix
- 12 Jalapeño Peppers halved and seeded
- 24 Shrimp medium, raw, tail-off
- 1 round Triple Cream Brie
- 24 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 425℉
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel.
- Cut all of the jalapeños in half and seed them. It's a good idea to use gloves for this step.
- Slice the brie into 24 pieces, they don't have to be exactly the same size, but close.
- Toss the thawed shrimp with the buffalo seasoning.
- Start to assemble: Add a piece of brie and one shrimp to each jalapeño, then wrap with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the bacon-wrapped poppers on to your baking sheet. Make sure that they have plenty of space. This makes sure that they get crispy while baking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so make sure that you watch them. I usually rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time.