Homemade seasoning mixes are one of my biggest time-savers in the kitchen. I have about twenty that I keep stocked in my spice cabinet. This taco seasoning recipe is one that I have been tweaking for years. I think it is finally the perfect blend of Mexican flavor and spice.
This super-easy taco seasoning blend is the foundation for some of my favorite recipes. Sprinkle a few teaspoons on chicken, make fajitas, or my super easy Enchilada Casserole. And of course taco Tuesdays need this taco seasoning.
I use this seasoning blend almost weekly with my Easy Ground Beef and Onions to make a simple protein that I can toss on top of a salad or my Spicy Mexican Slaw.
What I love about this Easy Taco Seasoning Recipe
- This homemade spice blend is easy to make and even easier to use.
- Making your own seasoning blends at home means you know exactly what goes into them.
- You can adjust the heat. I like mine extra spicy.
- If you run out, all you have to do is whip up another batch; it takes 5 minutes!
This recipe hardly needs instructions. It is as simple as measuring out the ingredients, mixing them, and storing them in an airtight container.
- Chili Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Onion Granules
- Ground Coriander
- Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper
Where to Buy Spices
I buy almost all of my spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I love the quality of their spices. There is also a spice market in the Ferry Building in San Fransico that I love to visit whenever I am there. They have some unusual blends and varieties of spices that are harder to find.
There are a lot of reputable spice vendors.
A few other places that you can order from online are:
Once you start making your own seasoning blends at home, you will start noticing all the different varieties of spices out there.
How to make Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning
Making this easy spice blend is simple as mixing all of the spices and storing them in an airtight container.
What To Cook with Taco Seasoning
You can always this homemade taco seasoning for ground beef and making super simple tacos.
Here are so other of my favorite recipes that use taco seasoning.
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going in your kitchen. Show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a 5 ★ review and a comment!
Taco Seasoning Blend
- 5 tablespoons Chili powder
- 3 teaspoons Ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon Dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon Onion granules
- 1 tablespoon Ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 2-4 teaspoons Cayenne pepper adjust depending on how much heat you want.
- 3 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons Black pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Store in an air-tight container.