These super easy Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs have been one of my go-to meal prep recipes for as long as I can remember. Chicken thighs have tons of flavor and can be seasoned a million different ways. They are also easy to reheat after a busy workday.
This post does contain affiliate links. Please see my Affiliate Link Policy.
When I worked in an office every day, I always brought lunch. This Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe was something that I made, usually once a week.
You can serve these crispy baked chicken thighs with a salad or a side of steamed vegetables. Because I use an ultra flavorful seasoning blend on them, they are never bland or boring.
Now that I'm working from home, I find that meal prep is even more critical. I don't want to stop working in the middle of the day to make a complicated meal. Especially because now I am a professional cook and food stylist.
Easy baked chicken recipes are one reason why I started to develop so many of my Homemade Seasoning Blends.
What I love about these Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Chicken thighs are easy to bake and have a tone of flavor.
- Chicken reheats well and can be seasoned in so many different ways.
- This recipe the perfect reheat and eat protein.
Once you learn how to bake chicken thighs, you will want to make them all of the time. This recipe is so easy to make. You barely need any instructions at all but here are some helpful tips and
- 8 to 12 Chicken Thighs: I usually buy chicken thighs bone-in and with the skin still on. You can have the butcher debone the thighs for you if you want them boneless.
- Oil: You'll need a little bit of oil to make sure you get perfectly crispy skin. I typically use Avocado Oil.
- Your Favorite Seasoning Blend: Luckily, I have you covered here. Download my Savory Spice Blend Recipes Here!
- Baking Sheet
- Wire Baking Rack
- Plastic Cutting Mats: For super easy cleanup.
- Jars: For storing extra seasoning blend.
- Preheat the Oven: 450℉ I cook chicken thighs on high heat in the oven. The higher temperature will make sure you get the skins crispy.
- Rinse and Dry Chicken Thighs: Rinse off the chicken thigh with cold water and then set them on a dry paper towel. Then use a second paper towel to pat them dry. Less water = more crispy!
- Add the seasoning and a little bit of oil: Salt and oil bring out the umami in this crispy chicken.
- Bake: Bake the chicken thighs for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat is in 165℉ (75℃)
Get the Safe Cooking Temperatures Guide at Foodsafety.gov
Use paper towels to dry off the chicken thighs.
This step gives you a crispier skin with more flavor.
Add salt and pepper to both sides of your chicken thighs.
Add a tablespoon or more or Buffalo Seasoning Blend.
You can use your favorite seasoning blends! Check out more of my seasoning blend recipes.
Bake until the skin is crispy.
You want the internal temp of your chicken to be 165 degrees Fahrenheit (75 degrees Celsius.) Use a meat thermometer to make sure you have the perfect internal temperature.
Tips and FAQs
Here are a few tips and tricks to making the best baked bone-in chicken thighs.
How long does it take to bake chicken thighs?
How long to bake chicken thighs depends on your oven temperature and whether or not you are cooking boneless or bone-in chicken thighs.
Baking boneless chicken thighs?
Boneless chicken thighs take a little bit less time to cook. And boneless thighs are super easy to chop up and toss on top of a salad.
Baking bone-in chicken thighs?
Bone-in chicken thighs are inexpensive and easy to find. They will take a few extra minutes in the oven.
Can I make Chicken Thighs in an Air Fryer?
Yes, absolutely. This recipe is the perfect recipe to cook in an air fryer. On average, the timing for air fryer cooking should be about 15 minutes. YOu should cook the thighs for 8 minutes in a preheated air fryer. Then flip them over and cook for an additional 7 to 8 minutes. Always use internal temperature as a guide if you aren't sure that they are thoroughly cooked.
What to serve with Crispy Chicken Thighs
Other recipes that you might like:
- Easy Roasted Potatoes
- Savory Watermelon Salad
- Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad
- Southern Coleslaw
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- Pineapple Salsa
- Roasted Corn Salsa
- Mexican Street Corn - Elotes
Easy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Take the chicken thighs out of the oven at least one hour before you plan to cook them. Rinse the chicken thighs in cold water, and then dry them well using lint free paper towels.
- Prepare the baking sheet by place a wire rack over the top of it.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on a plate or a plastic cutting mat for easy cleanup.
- Add the oil and the seasoning mix. Make sure both sides are seasoned.
- Bake the chicken thighs for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165°F/75°C
- Remove the chicken thighs from the oven and let them rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Store the chickn in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.