Are you looking for an easy homemade seasoning blend that you can use on literally EVERYTHING? Look no further! This nutty, spicy, herbaceous spice mix tastes amazing on almost any type of protein and takes roasted vegetables to the next level.
I found this spice blend a food magazine years ago. I honestly can't remember which one it was. I do remember that the recipe called for sprinkling this tasty spice blend on salmon.
When I tasted it, I knew it was a keeper. So of course I had to reverse engineer the recipe, and now I keep a batch of this Mediterranean Seasoning Blend in my spice cabinet at all times.
The only thing to keep in mind when mixing up spice blends is to use the freshest spices you can find. I order most of my bulk spices from Mountain Rose Herbs or World Spice Merchants. (not an affiliate, just a fan) Penzey's is another option for ordering bulk spices.
Spices that you'll need
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Dried Oregano
- Kosher Salt
- Red Chili Flakes
- Dried Cumin
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Make sure that you have an airtight container. This recipe makes about ⅓ of a cup of spice blend. You'll want to store it so you can use it regularly. Check out my Ultimate Guide to Seasoning Blends to see how I organize my spice rack.
Step 2: Measure out the herbs and spices and then mix them together to blend.
Step 3: Store your mediterranean seasoning in an airtight container.
What to make with Mediterranean Seasoning
- Sprinkle onto a pool of olive oil and dip soft, warm bread into it.
- Sprinkle on top of burrata cheese, drizzle it with olive oil, and serve with crostini.
- Whip up a batch of hummus and sprinkle on top.
- Roasted veggies: I love roasting a mixture of zucchini, eggplant, and red onions. Just add some good olive oil and a few sprinkles of this Mediterranean spice mix.
- Mediterranean Baked Fish or shrimp.
- Mediterranean seasoned chicken.
- Roasted chickpeas.
Other Homemade Seasoning Blends that you should try
Mediterranean Seasoning Blend
- Measure out each ingredient.
- Mix together with a spoon.
- Store in an airtight container.
Laura's Tips + Notes
- Mediterranean Fish or Shrimp
- Mediterranean Chicken
- Mediterranean Roasted Veggies
- Mediterranean Roasted Chickpeas
- Serve with olive oil and soft bread
- Serve with burrata + olive oil and crostini