Baked, fried, or in your air fryer! This healthy buffalo chicken egg rolls recipe is the perfect thing to bring for your next party. Everybody loves buffalo chicken. The last time I brought these to a party they literally disappeared, I didn’t even get one!
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
What is in a Buffalo Chicken Egg Roll?
The protein-packed egg rolls are filled with spicy shredded buffalo chicken.
Serve these crispy, spicy egg rolls with a creamy blue cheese dip and pair with carrot and celery sticks.
My favorite thing about game day is the finger foods.
Honestly, I’m not really a sports fan.
People sometimes find this strange because I’ve always been a tomboy. They seem to think this means I should love football.
I am one of those girls that watches the Super Bowl for the commercials. 🦋
I do, however, love a good Super Bowl Party. Hanging out with friends and munching on super bowl appetizers make having a sports event on TV worth it.
Buffalo Chicken Wings are a classic Game Day Appetizer.
I wanted to put a spin on chicken wings with my Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls.
These are made in the air fryer and can also be baked, so they are a little bit healthier than the deep-fried wings that you usually find at a party.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or bland. These baked egg rolls are full of lean protein and have a ton of flavor.
Egg rolls are fantastic because you can jam-pack them with lean protein and veggies.
They are then wrapped in a crispy wrapper. What is not to love here?
What do you need to make buffalo chicken egg rolls?
How to make Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls
- I cooked my chicken in my Instant Pot! It was so fast and easy this way. Add buffalo seasoning mix, brown, and set to the poultry setting!
- Shred the chicken and add some Franks Red Hot. Add a little or a lot.
- Add a scoopful of shredded chicken to an egg roll wrapper and roll. (If you need to know how to roll egg rolls, check out the video above.)
- Air fry or bake your egg rolls. You can also deep fry them.
How To freeze egg rolls
If you want to make these egg rolls ahead of time, you can freeze them before cooking.
I like to freeze them on a baking sheet so that the egg roll wrappers don’t come in contact with each other.
Once they are frozen, you can place them in a freezer bag or another type of airtight container. They will keep several months in the freezer.
Place frozen egg rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Make sure they are not touching.
Thaw to room temperature before cooking.
More Super Bowl Appetizers
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Southwest Veggie Egg Rolls
- Creamy Garlic and Herb Cashew Cheese
- Cheese Board
- Bacon, Tomato, and Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Perfect Guacamole
- Savory Spice Nuts
- Mushroom and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Fig, Bacon, and Goat Cheese Tart
- Firehouse Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers
- Easy Appetizer Recipes
Did you make this recipe? If you loved it, make sure you leave a 5-star review and a comment! 👇
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
Buffalo Chicken Filling
Blue Cheese Dip
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 6 Carrots cut into sticks
- 6 Celery cut into sticks
Making the Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Make the shredded chicken by first cooking 3 pounds of the chicken breast or thigh meat. You can use any method to cook your chicken.
- TIME SAVER: Use a rotisserie chicken.
- Add Franks Red Hot to the shredded chicken.
- Mix and then add a large scoop of shredded chicken to each egg roll wrapper. Work one at a time.
- Roll the egg rolls and set on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush with avocado or olive oil.
- Air Fry: Air fry for 8 to 10 minutes at 425°F
- Bake: Bake at 425°F for 8 to 10 minutes. Until golden brown.
- Deep Fry: Heat oil to 350°F. Fry until golden brown.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Add all ingredients together. Mix well.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks.