Bring On the Beast Bowl
These little protein-filled balls of Thai chicken yumminess make an awesome addition to a big crunchy bowl of veggies.
Meatballs are a great way to cook up a batch of protein that is flavorful, full of veggies, and easy to portion out for the week. Thai chicken meatballs are on my rotation list when I am doing weekly food prep. They have so much flavor, and taste delicious both warm and right out of the fridge. This recipe is also grain-free and gluten-free as long as you use tamari or coconut aminos.
Here is what I normally throw together for my beast bowl (my version of a Buddha bowl): lettuce, fresh tomatoes, shredded carrots, cabbage, and some Asian cucumber salad. The dressing on the cucumber salad adds it’s flavor to the whole bowl. If you don’t already have cucumber salad made, you can use the sauce from the meatball recipe to add to this bowl. Vermicelli rice noodles can be another great addition if you want a few more carbs.
Thai Chicken Meatballs (Beast Bowl)
Asain Chicken Meatballs
- 2 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- ¾ cup carrots shredded
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tsp ginger minced
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ cup finely ground coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- lettuce I like curly lettuce here
- red cabbage finely shredded
- shredded carrots
- asian pickled cucumbers
- fresh mint
- fresh basil
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Add all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with hands.
- Make meatballs, using a 2 tbsp size scoop.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Add a few tablespoons to your bowl.
- Fill a large bowl with your choice of fixings.
- Add the right amount of meatballs for you. I like 3-4.
- Add a few tablespoons of sauce.
- On top of your favorite veggies
- Tossed with shredded lettuce, cabbage, and carrots along with cucumbers
- Vermicelli rice noodles are also super yummy