IT’S TUESDAY AND WE HAVE ANOTHER BEAST BOWL FOR YOU!
We guarantee you’re gonna love this Chicken Teriyaki Beast Bowl.
Beast Bowls were born because I hate veggies.
Not really, but honestly I had a really hard time eating enough of the colorful stuff. I originally started making beast bowls because I struggled with getting enough vegetables in my life.
Hitting my protein goals has always been easy for me. But every time I tried to do meal prep, getting enough veggies seemed impossible. My greens turned into all broccoli all the time. No offense to steamed broccoli but I needed a little more variety in my life. I’m a foodie – eating 8 cups of broccoli a day was not going to happen in my world – way to much chewing!
I had to find another way – Enter the Beast Bowl.
For this Beast Bowl I wanted to bring together all the flavors of a chicken teriyaki plate lunch. This teriyaki chicken is really easy to make – you can use either breasts or thighs. If you have the time and a grill – grilling is the way to go. Cooking enough protein for several meals makes weekly meal prep a breeze.
This easy teriyaki marinade is equally delicious on steak or salmon. The versatility of these flavors make this Beast Bowl one that you’ll come back to over and over.
The sesame ginger soy vinaigrette is another keeper.
It is packed with tasty asian flavor. It really makes this beast bowl special.
If you’re feeling adventurous you can add a nice helping of kimchi to this bowl and get your healthy gut microbes in order at the same time.
I make this Beast Bowl for my daughter using the same teriyaki marinade outlined here. I just set aside about a ¼ cup of it before I add any meat to it. I use this to marinate some extra firm tofu for her. I finish it off in a pan, serve it up – then we can all enjoy a protein packed beast bowl. 💪
I really hope you enjoy this Beast Bowl. It’s truly one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite.
Don’t forget to subscribe and get recipes and other freebies delivered right to your inbox.
We would love to hear about your Beast Bowl creations. Tag us @foodologygeek. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and now You Tube.
Chicken Teriyaki Beast Bowl
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp coconut oil whisked in slowly
Beast Bowl Fixins (divided amount, makes 8 bowls)
- 16 cups romaine 2 cups per serving
- 4 cups spinach ½ cup per serving
- 4 cups broccoli blanched
- 2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cups purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups cucumber julienned
- 2 cups carrots julienned
- 1 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cups rice divided in to ½ cup servings
- 8 tsp sesame seeds 1 tsp per bowl
Protein: Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- Make marinade in a gallon sized freezer bag. Add chicken (or other protein - tofu, salmon or steak also work well)
- Marinate for a few hours, up to overnight. (Salmon and tofu should not be marinated overnight.)
- Bake @ 425℉ for 15-20 minutes. (Chicken, steak or salmon may be cooked on a grill if you prefer.)
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Add all ingredients, except for the oil, in a medium sized bowl. Whisk together.
- Slowly drizzle in oil, while whisking vigorously.
Beast out your bowl
- Add all of the fixings that you would like in your beast bowl.
- Add chicken and dressing.