With quinoa and a flavorful lemon tahini dressing, this Mediterranean Power Bowl is sure to be one of your favorites, too. I used fish for this meal prep recipe, but chicken would also be fantastic in this healthy bowl as well. For the vegan version, I used tofu with the same spices. My daughter loved it.
This is one of my favorite healthy meal prep bowls to date!
If you’ve been hanging out here for any time at all you already know that I love creating spice mixes.
Having spice mixes around makes whipping up tasty meals super easy. They’re also a bit like an idea board.
When I’m stuck and can’t figure out what to make for dinner, I open up my cabinet with all my spice mixes and wait for the inspiration to hit.
Mediterranean Recipes has so much flavor.
This bowl uses my Mediterranean Spice Mix – I use this spice mix on any kind of fish. My top 3 favorite varieties are Mahi-Mahi, Salmon, and Cod. This Mediterranean spice mix is also ridiculously tasty on chicken and roasted vegetables.
This Mediterranean bowl is full of tasty flavors.
- The base of this bowl is made up of rainbow quinoa mixed with chopped lacinato kale.
- Add to that about 4-6 ounces of your favorite protein cooked with the Mediterranean Spice Mix.
- Top your beast bowl off with fresh juicy tomatoes, cucumbers, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and a nice drizzle of tasty lemon tahini dressing.
Here is the vegan version of this meal prep bowl:
My daughter…we call her Bean…eats almost everything in this wooden bowl. This bowl even looks nourishing, doesn’t it?!
For her bowl, the preparation is the same. Except – for the protein. Instead of using fish, I used extra firm tofu. After rubbing the sliced tofu with the Mediterranean spice mix it is browned in a pan with a little bit of olive oil or avocado oil..
Every time I make a nourishing bowl I’m reminded of why I started eating this way.
It is easy, nutritious – and most importantly – a truly delicious way to get a healthy balanced meal.
I hope you can find inspiration here to build your own Beast Bowl mashups. Once you get used to the basics, you can easily adapt this way of eating to any meal. With some practice, Beast Bowl eating takes much of the prep work out of your daily food planning and cooking.
I hope you love this Beast Bowl as much as I do. If you do, please share it with a friend. Sharing really helps us at Foodology Geek spread the word about easy and healthy eating. It is our goal to make food prep easier so that we can all eat a little healthier.
If you love us – follow us on your favorite social media channel and SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER to get all of our recipes, fresh off the press, delivered right to your inbox.
Mediterranean Beast Bowl
- 2 ½ lb white fish mahi-mahi, cod, or halibut
Mediterranean Seasoning Blend
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 2 cups lacinato kale shredded
- 2 small cucumbers peeled and diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes any variety
- 1 avocado diced
- artichoke hearts
- roasted red peppers
- Sprinkle generously with Mediterranean seasoning blend. (You will have plenty or seasoning left over to use for your next creation.)
- Cook fish in a saute pan or in the oven.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- Add more water if needed to achieve desired consistency.