This tasty quinoa bowl is packed with protein, fat, and complex carbs. You're going to love all the fabulous Mediterranean flavor in this healthy meal prep recipe. Easy baked fish that you can make ahead + quinoa + fresh veggies = meal prep made super easy!
This is one of my reader favorite meal prep bowl recipes. I have to say it's also one of my favorite healthy bowls.
Each one of my meal prep bowls is made up of several different component parts. But please do not feel like you have to reproduce it exactly as it's listed here. The beauty of these meal prep recipes is that you can make them exactly how you want.
Not in the mood for a quinoa bowl? The Mediterranean Baked Halibut is delicious with a side of broccoli and a scoop of white rice. The Lemon Tahini Dressing is amazing on a big bowl of Greek salad or drizzled on roasted veggies and white beans.
What you'll love about this bowl
This Mediterranean bowl is full of tasty flavors.
- Healthy carbs. The base of this bowl is made up of rainbow quinoa mixed with chopped lacinato kale. Feel free to swap in your favorite salad recipe, too.
- Protein-packed. This bowl has a hearty 38 grams of protein. Use 4 to 6 ounces of your favorite protein cooked with the Mediterranean Seasoning Blend.
- Eat a rainbow of veggies. Top your meal prep bowl off with juicy, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers. Finish it up with a nice drizzle of tasty Lemon Tahini Dressing. Olive oil, lemon juice, and feta cheese make a delicious simple salad dressing, too!
This meal prep recipe has 4 main parts:
- Protein: This recipe calls for halibut, but feel free to swap out chicken, shrimp, and even extra-firm tofu or chickpeas. I use my Mediterranean Seasoning Blend to give the halibut a tasty flavor kick.
- Quinoa: I used a multicolored quinoa blend. I also added a few handfuls of chopped lacinato kale to up my greens.
- Veggies: This recipe uses cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. I also add in some canned artichoke hearts and jarred roasted red bell peppers. All of these veggies are merely suggestions. Swap in and out whatever you like.
- Lemon Tahini Dressing: The super-simple tahini sauce recipe is absolutely fabulous on this Mediterranean bowl. The nutty, creamy flavor brings all the ingredients in this bowl together perfectly.
Ingredients that you'll need to have
- Halibut: This recipe calls for halibut, but you can use any mild white fish, such as cod or mahi-mahi. Alternatively, you can use chicken or even pan-fried, extra firm tofu in this recipe.
- Quinoa or Rice: If you want to add some healthy carbs, serve this bowl with quinoa or rice.
- Tahini Dressing: I serve this bowl with my Lemon Tahini Dressing.
- Veggies: Fresh and roasted veggies are delicious with this Mediterranean Baked Halibut recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
- Make the quinoa
- Mix up a batch of Mediterranean Seasoning Blend
- Bake the Mediterranean Baked Halibut
- Make the Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Assemble the quinoa bowls
Need a vegan option?
Hummus is a staple of Middle Eastern recipes! You can totally switch out the halibut for chickpeas, and the flavor profile of this quinoa bowl will be perfect. The flavors in Mediterranean recipes lend themselves super well to mixing and matching, so go nuts!
Here I've even used pan-seared, extra firm tofu. Just season it with the Mediterranean Seasoning Blend and cook it in a little bit of oil over medium-high heat.
Other Meal Prep Bowls That You'll Love
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Greek Lamb Burger Bowl
- Fish Taco Bowl With Mango Salsa
- Healthy Burger Bowl
The recipes that make up this meal prep bowl
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going in your kitchen. Show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a 5 ★ review and a comment!
Mediterranean Bowl with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 3 ½ cups water
- 2 cups lacinato kale shredded
Mediterranean Seasoning Blend
- 2 small cucumbers peeled and diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes any variety
- 1 can artichoke hearts I buy the ones that are quartered
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1 avocado diced, add only right before you will eat this bowl
- Start by making the quinoa, then set aside.
- Add the quinoa and water to a medium-sized saucepan. Turn the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and use a fork to fluff!
Mediterranean Baked Halibut
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the halibut under cool water and then gently pat dry using a paper towel or a lint free dish towel. Place the fish on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Season: Add the salt and pepper to the halibut and generously sprinkle both sides with Mediterranean seasoning blend. Drizzle the olive oil over the fish.
- Bake the fish for 10 minutes. (see below for pan searing instructions)
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- If the dressing is too thick, you can add more water if needed to achieve desired consistency.
Laura's Tips + Notes
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet to medium high.
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil.
- Working in batches, place the fish flesh side down in the pan. (Even if the fish is skinless, you should be able to see which side is the skin side and which side is the flesh side.)
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Then flip the fish and cook on the second side for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Vegan: Use slices of extra film tofu instead of the fish. I have also used chickpeas. Simply season the tofu or chickpeas with the Mediterranean Seasoning Blend and add oil to a pan and cook until warm.
- Other Proteins: Chicken or shrimp may also be used instead of fish in this recipe.
Beast Bowl Nutrition | The Cookbook
If you need more healthy recipes, check out the cookbook. BEAST BOWL NUTRITION will give you all the recipes you need to build a weekly meal prep routine that isn't boring. No more steamed broccoli and flavorless chicken.
Get the details
Over 100 macro balanced recipe that are perfect for meal prep.
- Core Proteins
- Tasty Sides
- Dressings and Sauces