Do you ever feel like if you are eating healthy, you miss out on all of the good stuff? Like Juicy Burgers. This Meal Prep Bowl combines all of your favorite things into a delicious tasty bowl of burger heaven. It’s perfect for healthy meal prep. And you won’t miss a thing!
Meal Prep doesn’t have to be a drag.
My jam is creating healthy versions of some of my favorite foods, like these burgers.
I eat real food as much as possible. Staying away from all the processed stuff is a good idea. But, I’m not going to live on kale salad. A girl’s gotta live!
When I started to create this Loaded Burger Bowl Meal Prep Recipe, I had to ask myself a few questions. What is a tasty and healthy burger recipe? I want it to be both.
Then what are ways to make homemade burgers healthy? Basically this comes down to picking lean grass-fed beef.
I wanted this burger bowl to kill any In-N-Out burger craving that might crop up so I had to make a special sauce.
You can have your burgers and eat them too!
Disclaimer: This post does contain affiliate links. Please see my Affiliate Link Policy All opinions are my own.
What ingredients do you need for the Ultimate Burger Bowl?
The ingredients are simple. They include all the stuff that you would put on a fat juicy burger. Pick and choose what you like.
- Lean Grass-Fed Hamburger: I always choose grass-fed when it’s available. Grass-fed beef has a better Omega Fat profile, so it’s worth it. If you can’t find it in your area, there are a lot of places that will deliver directly to you like BUTCHER BOX.
- Crispy Lettuce: I like Iceberg lettuce for this bowl. But you can use any combo of greens that you want. I like to add a handful of spring greens in as well.
- Juicy Ripe Tomatoes: Pick whatever tomatoes are in season. Cherry or grape tomatoes are always a good bet because they are usually juicy and flavorful. Plus, slicing is optional with small bite-sized tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are also the best choice is you are prepping lunch for the week.
- Ripe Avocadoes: Amen for some more healthy fats.
- Pickles: Old school fermented pickles are the best if you want all that probiotic benefits for your gut health.
- Bacon: Always optional. But I highly recommend it! I like to buy my bacon from the butcher case. Thick sliced and applewood smoked, of course.
- Cheese: Also optional. We did say this was a loaded burger bowl, right?
- Special Sauce: In this case, I make a quick version of Beast Sauce. I’m just saying it’s kind of like copy cat Animal Sauce from In-N-Out Burger. I totally made it up. But it’s seriously close.
- Homemade Fries: I have two recipes right here for you — Sweet Potato Fries and Easy Roasted Potatoes, which are basically wedge cut fries.
What are your best meal prep recipes for work lunches?
This burger recipe is one of my favorite recipes for weekly meal prep. I typically make three pounds of burgers for the week. I use a medium cookie scoop to portion these out into lovely two-ounce portions.
The best thing about making bowls for meal prep is that you can tweak them to fit any style of eating. Make it Keto
Depending on how you are tracking your macros – One two-ounce burger has:
100 calories, 5 grams of FAT, 11 grams of PROTEIN, OR 3 Freestyle Points.
These preportioned burgers make it easy to get your protein needs whatever they may be. Eat one or eat four.
Take it to the next level with your favorite cheese![/caption]
MORE of my favorite protein bowl meal prep ideas are:
- The Mediterranean Bowl – You can make this one with fish, chicken, or even tofu. The Lemon Tahini Dressing is so good. You should make a double batch.
- The Buffalo Chicken Bowl –This is another one of my greasy bar food recipes that I made into a healthy protein bowl of deliciousness.
- The Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl – I make this chicken all of the time. I put it in tortillas, or make a Paleo Burrito Bowl with my Cauliflower Rice. No matter how you serve it, this chicken is fantastic!
- The Fried Chicken Beast Bowl – Don’t worry it’s gluten-free! The fried chicken tenders in this recipe are to die for. And they taste amazing right out of the fridge.
What is the best way to meal-prep?
I start planning my meal prep game on Thursday night. Each week I try to pick two of my protein bowl recipes.
I like to pick two that have similar ingredients but aren’t exactly the same. Then I make my grocery list and shop.
I use this handy worksheet to get me started each week. Make sure to factor in any snacks or quick breakfast ideas that you might need.
Make sure you have enough meal prep containers to store and stack your food. The best container for meal prep are these. They stack in the fridge nice and need and they are microwave safe.
These burgers are mini-sized so they are perfect for tossing on top or an Ultimate Burger Bowl.
If you love this recipe please take a sec and give it a star rating. And if you do make it tag @FoodologyGeek on Instagram so I can see your Ultimate Burger Bowl.
Do you need more healthy lunch ideas?
- Check out ALL of the Bowls HERE!
- Chipotle Chicken
- Shredded Beef
- Green Chili Bowl
- Jerk Chicken Bowl
- Cauliflower Rice
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites-No Bake
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
- Lemon Grass Shrimp Bowl
- Lettuce Wraps
- Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
Did you make this recipe? If you loved it, make sure you leave a 5-star review and a comment! 👇
Healthy Burger Bowl with Special Sauce
- 2 lbs Grass-fed hamburger
- 2 ounces Cheese optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups Iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups Spinach
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- ½ medium Red onions
- 1 medium Avocado
- 16 Dill pickle slices
- 4 slices bacon
- Add the salt and pepper to meat. Divide into 12 small burger patties.
- Fry or grill on the burgers med high for approximately 3 minutes each side.
- Add the cheese the last 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate. Rest covered loosely with foil while you prepare the rest of the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together. Use to top your bowl.
- Add whatever bowl fixin’s you would like to a large bowl. Top with burgers and sauce.