This recipe is healthy and fast, and it tastes just as good or even better right out of the fridge.
I use the larger Lebanese couscous for this salad.
But you can just as easily make this salad with smaller Moroccan couscous.
The black beluga lentils are awesome because they stay nice and firm and keep well in the fridge without getting smooshy.
I also love the way that the black lentils look in this salad.
The larger couscous and the black lentils along with the small diced veggies give this salad a hearty texture.
If you can't find beluga lentils you can order them here or just substitute your other favorite lentil.
This easy pasta salad has a great flavor that gets even better in the fridge overnight.
This salad is gorgeous and super tasty! It's definitely company-worthy.
Couscous salad is a recipe that is great for storing in the fridge.
I like to serve it on our all-veggie nights with roasted acorn squash and kale pesto.
Not doing veggie night? This pasta salad is also a fantastic side dish with broiled or grilled chicken or fish.
Easy and super impressive. Roasted acorn squash and kale pesto is a gorgeous and healthy dish.
What to serve with couscous salad?
Hungry for more plant-based recipes?
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going on in your kitchen. Please show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a five ★ review and a comment!
Easy Couscous Salad with Black Lentils
- 2 cups Lebanese couscous cooked according to directions
- 1 cup Black Beluga Lentils
- ½ Onion diced finely (can be red or white)
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Carrots peeled and diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced finely
- 1 stalk Celery diced finely
- ½ cup Cucumber finely diced
- ½ Red Onion diced finely
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme chopped finely
- ½ bunch Fresh Parsley chopped finely
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add diced onion and thyme to lentils. Pro tip: Adding the onion and a few sprigs of thyme gives the lentils extra flavor.
- Cook according to directions. Drain and set aside. Remove the thyme stems when draining.
- Dice the cucumber, onion, celery, carrots and red pepper, set aside.
- Cook the couscous according to directions, drain and put in a large bowl.
- Immediately add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pro tip: Adding the vinegar to the warm pasta helps to give the pasta a more robust flavor.
Assemble the Salad
- Add the lentils and the veggies to the couscous.
- Toss and serve.
YOUR OWN NOTES