This bright, garlicky kale pesto is just the thing to pair with your favorite Fall recipes. When basil isn’t in season, try this Fall version of pesto.
This kale pesto recipe will change your relationship with kale forever. You can eat this rich, garlicky, deep green magic sauce on everything from roasted fall squash and beets to burrata with crostini.
You know it’s good for you and want to love it, but it usually sucks.
I am sure you’ve choked it down in a salad or two; maybe it was massaged or whirled into a smoothie… yes, you probably put it in a smoothie.
What You’ll Need
- lacinato kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- garlic, peeled
- olive oil
- champagne vinegar
- pine nuts
- sea salt
- water, to thin to desired consistency
- Place the kale and garlic in a small food processor and chop until kale and garlic are finely minced.
- Add the champagne vinegar and pine nuts. Process until the pine nuts are finely chopped.
- While running the food processor, add the oil slowly until the mixture is smooth.
- Add salt to taste and a tablespoon or two of water to thin the pesto to the desired consistency.
Serve this kale pesto recipe with:
- Roasted winter squash like acorn squash.
- Over fresh burrata with crusty bread.
- Tossed into pasta.
More Sauce Recipes to Try
How To Brine Meat—The Ultimate Guide
Pot Roast Recipe
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what’s going on in your kitchen. Show me what you’re cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a five ★ review and a comment!
- 2 cups lacinato kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp water, thin to consistency
- 2 acorn squash , or other fall squash of your choice
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450℉.
- Cut each squash in half and remove seeds.2 acorn squash
- Slice each half into equally sized wedges.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, add oil and salt and pepper, roast for 15-20 min. or until lightly browned and tender.1 tbsp oil, 2 acorn squash
- Set aside to eat with your delicious Kale Pesto!
- Place kale and garlic in a small food processor and chop until kale and garlic are finely minced.2 cups lacinato kale, 3 cloves garlic
- Add champagne vinegar and pine nuts. Process until pine nuts are finely chopped.2 tbsp champagne vinegar, ¼ cup pine nuts
- While running food processor add oil slowly until mixture is smooth.4 tbsp olive oil
- Add salt to taste and a tbsp or two of water to thin to desired consistency.1 tbsp water, salt and pepper