Need a change of pace? Looking for something different to eat as part of your weekly meal prep? Need some new standby veggie options?
Carrot & Apple Matchstick Salad checks all the boxes!
- It is easy to prepare.
- It travels well – especially to work for lunch.
- It lasts all week in the fridge. In fact, it is one of those dishes that gets better as it sits.
- It is full of crunchy, delicious, gratification!
This salad is great on its own or when paired with spicy meat. It’s the perfect complement to Lemongrass Chicken Lettuce Wraps
If you’re not the type to find julienne-ing veggies while listening to some chill tunes to be relaxing – even meditative – I recommend using a mandolin slicer.
Cutting up the veggies may seem like a chore, but know that you can make quick work of this salad with a proper mandolin slicer. Having a mandolin on hand makes the work a breeze. [We’ve tried more expensive mandolins but this one really is the best. If you use it a lot you might have to replace it as the blade will get dull. Laura’s most recent one lasted for about 2 years.]
Want a steady stream of fresh ideas?
Carrot & Apple Matchstick Salad
- 2 large carrots fine julienned
- 2 granny smith apples fine julienned
- 1 large watermelon radish fine julienned
- ½ bunch cilantro fine chopped
- rice wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- himalayan sea salt to taste
- Peel and julienne all vegetable and chop cilantro.
- Add to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients.