When the temperatures drop, eating a warm bowl of soup is just the thing to give you that toasty on the inside feeling. This dairy-free cream of mushroom soup is packed with decadent mushroom flavor, herbs, and delicious broth. Bring on the fluffy socks.
This post does contain affiliate links. Please see my Affiliate Link Policy.
Soup might be my all-time favorite genre of food.
Of course if you've been around for awhile you know that food in bowls is kind of my thing. I even wrote a cookbook about it.
This cream of mushroom soup is one of my go to recipes because it's so sticking easy. There are only a few ingredients in this soup and if you love mushrooms this is the soup for you.
What you're going to love about this recipe
- This is a healthy cream of mushroom soup recipe: It's dairy-free so you can be sure that it's allergy-free. It's also made with rich bone broth and coconut milk.
- Warm and comforting: Soup is always a warm and comforting meal. Serve it alone or serve it as a starter to a larger dinner.
- This soup is super easy to make and really fast. No need to simmer for hours.
What ingredients to you need to make Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Milk
This recipe was adaptated from the "30 Day Guide to Paleo." [Get the book. affiliate link}
More Soup Recipes That you will like.
Paleo Cream of Mushroom Soup
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and garlic to the pot and continue to saute until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried thyme leaves.
- Saute the onion and mushrooms for 10 more minutes, and add the coconut milk.
- Bring the coconut milk to a bubbling boil, and add the chicken bone broth.
- Stir the soup well, bringing it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour.