Soup IS Good Food!
And this Paleo Cream Of Mushroom Soup is one of our favorites.Jump to Recipe
When the temperatures drop, eating a warm bowl of soup is just the kind of thing that I crave.
We joke at Foodology Geek that eating enough veggies involves just so much chewing. With a hearty bowl of soup, you can get all that goodness without all that chewing! Soup is a great way to not only use up leftover veggies, but also to get a nice big serving of veggies in a tasty, comforting bowl of deliciousness. Soup is easy to eat and the veggies can be slurpable.
Seriously, this particular soup really is one of my favorites. Imagine my glee to discover that it was possible to have a rich creamy flavorful cream of mushroom soup with NO DAIRY! I was an instant fan. Add to that, this particular soup is pretty! It is as aesthetically pleasing as it is yummy. Give it a try and let us know what you think. It’s dead easy to make!
I found this recipe in a cookbook I picked up on a whim one day at Costco – it turned out to be more of a keeper than I ever expected:
‘The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking’ by Haley Mason and Bill Staley (authors of ‘Make it Paleo’ and ‘Gather’).
If this looks familiar, it may be because we’ve mentioned this book before. Last August I did a post that reviewed a few favorite cookbooks, this cookbook got ‘honorable mention.’ I thought it deserved a bit more time in the limelight. Check it out. It has a number of amazing ideas for soup… among other things! [Get the book.]
In the meantime, thank you for all of your encouraging words, ideas and support!
Keep it coming! 2018 is shaping up to be a BIG year for Foodology Geek. Help us grow our reach by following us on your favorite social media.[mc4wp_form id=”1940″]
Paleo Cream of Mushroom Soup
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and garlic to the pot and continue to saute until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried thyme leaves.
- Saute the onion and mushrooms for 10 more minutes, and add the coconut milk.
- Bring the coconut milk to a bubbling boil, and add the chicken bone broth.
- Stir the soup well, bringing it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour.