When the temperatures drop, eating a warm bowl of soup is just the kind of thing that I crave. And this Paleo Cream Of Mushroom Soup is one of our favorites.
This is a healthy cream of mushroom soup recipe
Soup is one of my favorite easy dinner meals.
Warm and comforting and if you make it right, soup can be super healthy.
This recipe is a dairy-free cream of mushroom soup. It’s made with rich bone broth and coconut milk.
What ingredients to you need to make Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Milk
I found this recipe in a cookbook I picked up on a whim one day at Costco
It turned out to be more of a keeper than I ever expected:
‘The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking’ by Haley Mason and Bill Staley (authors of ‘Make it Paleo’ and ‘Gather’).
If this cookbook looks familiar, it may be because we’ve mentioned this book before.
Last August I did a post that reviewed a few favorite cookbooks, this cookbook got ‘honorable mention.’ I thought it deserved a bit more time in the limelight.
Check it out. It has a number of amazing ideas for soup… among other things! [Get the book.]
More Soup Recipes That you will like.
Paleo Cream of Mushroom Soup
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and garlic to the pot and continue to saute until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried thyme leaves.
- Saute the onion and mushrooms for 10 more minutes, and add the coconut milk.
- Bring the coconut milk to a bubbling boil, and add the chicken bone broth.
- Stir the soup well, bringing it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour.