Dairy free Cream of Mushroom soup is a nourishing and comforting bowl of deliciousness. Made with rich bone broth and packed with flavor. Use this soup as a substitute for the traditional can of cream of mushroom soup. My Clean Green Bean Casserole recipe isn't the same without it!
I remember growing up with all of the Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup recipes.
Do you remember those? If you grew up in the 80s like me you probably have a recollection.
Even when I first moved out on my own and was cooking for myself for the first time, I often make the chicken breast recipe that called for a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup.
Making homemade cream of mushroom soup is easy.
Why settle for canned soup when it is so easy to whip up this paleo mushroom soup?
This recipe is a gluten-free and dairy-free mushroom soup recipe but I love serving it with a little bit of creme fraiche. If you are avoiding dairy then just leave it out.
To make this mushroom soup vegan leave out the bone broth and used a vegetable broth instead.
This is an easy Mushroom Soup Recipe
This soup is really satisfying all on its own but you can also use it as a substitute for cream of mushroom soup.
Cream of Mushroom Soup Ingredients
- Mushrooms and onions.
- Coconut milk.
- Bone Broth.
Recipes using Cream of Mushroom Soup
More Soup Recipes
- Spicy Chorizo Soup
- Firehouse Chili Recipe
- Easy Turkey Soup Recipe
- Chicken Bone Broth
- Low Carb Beef Stew Recipe
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going in your kitchen. Show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a 5 ★ review and a comment!
Paleo Cream of Mushroom Soup
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and garlic to the pot and continue to saute until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried thyme leaves.
- Saute the onion and mushrooms for 10 more minutes, and add the coconut milk.
- Bring the coconut milk to a bubbling boil, and add the chicken bone broth.
- Stir the soup well, bringing it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour.