Roasted potatoes are an easy go-to side dish or snack.
They are quick to prepare, and go with just about any food. You can also season them up in countless ways.
During the holidays I compared the ease of making roasted potatoes to serving a bowl of breakfast cereal. They aren’t quite that easy, but damned close!Jump to Recipe
Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces or fries, season and bake. Seriously – That’s really all there is to it!
Serve them on their own or with your favorite dipping sauce…Ketchup, a seasoned Mayo, Pesto, Tzatziki, Ranch dressing, Louis dressing…you name it!
Roasted potatoes go well with most any meal, especially those that feature grilled meat.
“You want fries with that?” Uh, Yeah!
While the recipe below calls for Yukon Gold potatoes, virtually any variety of potato will work. I prefer the texture that you can get using the starchier potatoes, like red potatoes or Yukon Golds. Sweet Potatoes also work very well.
The basic formula for roasted potatoes:
- Pick your potato
- Cut to the shape you want – generally bite-sized chunks or fries.
- Pick your spices
- Pick your favorite sauce (optional)
Spices don’t have to be confusing. Sign up for our twice weekly updates and download our spice blend recipes:
Barbecue | Buffalo Chicken | Mediterranean | Taco Seasoning
Mix up a few of these. Have them on hand in clip-top jars and you are good to go. You’ll always be ready to whip up something delicious!
- 4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary or Mediterranean Spice Mix
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425℉
- Wash and cut potatoes into evenly sized pieces. Think bite sized.
- Put potatoes into a roasting pan or on top of a baking sheet.
- Toss with oil, salt, and rosemary.
- Roast for about 25 minutes. Time may vary. Roast until browned and tender inside. I like mine well browned.