Roasted potatoes are an easy go-to side dish or snack. They're quick to prepare and go with just about any food. You can also season them up in countless ways. Try a few of my Seasoning Blend Recipes.
This post does contain affiliate links. Please see my Affiliate Link Policy.
What I Love About This Recipe
- Versatile: This recipe is versatile, use any kind of potato and seasoning that you want.
- Perfect Side: Oven-roasted potatoes go well with almost any meal, especially those that feature grilled meat.
- Healthy: Potatoes contain healthy starches that are good for your gut.
- Easy: Making roasted potatoes is easy, inexpensive, and fast!
You want fries with that? Uh, Yeah!said by EVERYONE
Making roasted potatoes is so easy! You might not need a recipe, but I can give you a few pointers to make sure that you'll produce perfect roasted potatoes every single time!
While the recipe below calls for Yukon Gold potatoes, virtually any variety of potato will work.
- Potatoes: I prefer the texture that you can get using the starchier potatoes, like red potatoes or Yukon golds. Sweet Potatoes also work very well.
- Oil: Use a cooking oil that tolerates high heat. My favorite oil to gook with at the moment is avocado oil. It has a buttery taste and tolerates roasting and sautéing very well.
- Salt: Salt is an important element of any recipe.
- Seasoning Blend: Use your favorite Seasoning Blend. Download a copy of my favorite Savory Seasoning Blend Recipes.
- Heavy Duty Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Alternatively, a Cast-Iron Skillet, this is especially good for a small batch.
Step by Step Directions
The basic formula for roasted potatoes is easy. You can use any potato and any seasoning that you like.
- Pick your potato: Use your favorite potato or sweet potato.
- Cut the potatoes into evenly-sized pieces: generally bite-sized chunks or fries.
- Season: Pick your favorite Seasoning Blend. Toss the potatoes with oil, salt, and your favorite seasoning blend.
- Oven Roast: Preheat your oven to 425℉. Roast until the potatoes are Cooking time will vary depending on the size of potatoes.
Tips and FAQS
- Use Convection Baking: If your oven has a convection setting, use it. Convection circulates air in the body of the oven and creates a more even heat which yields a crispier and more evenly baked potato.
- Give The Potatoes Space: Spread out your potatoes on the baking sheet. If the potatoes are too close the will not get as crispy. Potatoes contain water and as they are roasting water is released. You want to give the steam plenty of room to escape so that id doesn't land on your potatoes and make them soggy
- Turn Them Half Way Through Baking: I usually rotate my baking sheet about halfway through baking, at about the ten-minute mark.
- Give Them A Dressing: You can dress roasted potatoes with a simple dressing right when they come out of the oven. I live to serve roasted potatoes with a ranch style-dip like my Chipotle Dip, Buffalo Ranch, Homemade Ranch, or a Spicy Chimichurri.
You can serve these easy roasted potatoes on their own or with your favorite dipping sauce...Ketchup, a seasoned Mayo, Pesto, Tzatziki, Ranch dressing, Louis dressing...you name it!
Other Side Dish Recipes
- Mushroom Barley Risotto
- Sausage and Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Traditional Potato Salad Recipe
- Crispy Potato Latkes
- Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Kale Pesto
- Couscous Salad with Black Lentils
- Hawaiian Mac Salad Recipe
Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425℉
- Wash and cut the potatoes into evenly sized pieces. Think bite-sized cubes or fries.
- Put the potatoes into a roasting pan or on top of a baking sheet.
- Toss with oil, salt, and the Seasoning Blend.
- Roast for 10 minutes and then rotate the baking pan. Use tongs or a spatula to flip over the potatoes.
- Roast for an addiitonal 10 to 15 minutes. Time may vary. Roast until browned and tender inside. I like mine well browned and crispy.