Even though I could eat ice cream every day – I sometimes appreciate having something a little more guilt-free. Strawberry Mojito Ice Cream is the perfect excuse to give this healthy, dairy-free version of ice cream a try.
There's nothing artificial or processed to feel bad about – maybe that's why it's so nice!
Nice cream is made entirely of frozen fruit –well, and a little coconut cream. This version is one of my favorite flavors to date. Fresh strawberry was a natural choice since it's my daughter's favorite ice cream. I decided to adult-it-up a bit and give it a mojito spin. The fresh lime juice and mint is a perfect addition to this creamy, fruity bowl of deliciousness.
Talk about the perfect use for leftover bananas.
Anytime I have leftover bananas that are getting a little too ripe I just peel them, toss them in a freezer bag, and then into the freezer. You'll be ready to make a batch of nice cream anytime the mood strikes. Frozen bananas are also great to have on hand for smoothies.
Strawberry Nice Cream is Just one version of this dairy-free treat.
Almost any fruit can be swapped in for the strawberries. Frozen fruit is easy to come by in the grocery store and even easier to keep on hand. I always have some version of frozen fruit in my freezer just hanging out waiting to be a smoothie.
Fresh Strawberry Mojito Nice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
Nice Cream Base
- 5 Extra Ripe Bananas frozen
- 2 cups Strawberries frozen
- 1 Lime juiced
- 4 ounces Coconut Cream Kara Brand
- 1 cup Strawberries diced
- 1 Lime cut into wedges for squeezing
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint finely diced or julienned
Laura's Tips + Notes
- Serve immediately – Nice cream will have a pretty soft consistency.
- Freeze for later – For a firmer texture freeze for at least a few hours. If frozen overnight the nice cream will be too hard to scoop right out of the freezer. Let nice cream sit our for 5-10 minutes before scooping.