This easy and delicious Asian Sesame Salad Dressing Recipe comes together with just a few simple ingredients. You'll love the sesame ginger flavor that can also be used as a marinade or as a dipping sauce.
This Asian Chicken Salad Dressing recipe is perfect for making a big crunchy salad with Asian chicken, greens, and crunchy almonds. I love it with my Teriyaki Meal Prep Bowl.
Growing up most of my life in either Hawaii or Southern California has given me a special appreciation for Asian and Polynesian recipes. And of course, if you've hung out with me at all, you already know that I am completely obsessed with tacos.
I love bringing International flavors to my kitchen. This is one of the reasons that I love collecting family recipes. I especially love collecting family recipes that aren't necessarily from my family.
This sesame ginger salad dressing recipe is my best reproduction of a recipe from a family friend.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
- Sesame Ginger Deliciousness: Perfect to serve on a salad or this Asian dressing does double duty as a marinade for chicken or steak.
- Fresh and Healthy: Homemade dressing is so much better for you than store-bought dressing.
- Easy: This Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing recipe is easy and keeps in the fridge for at least a week. Although it probably won't stay around that long.
There are many different versions of Asian ginger salad dressing on the internet. This version is special because it's light and zesty. Some of the recipes contain hoisin sauce, which ends up being a little heavier.
For this Asian salad dressing recipe, you'll need a few easy to find items from the Asian section in the grocery store.
- Soy sauce. Soy sauce is one of the main ingredients in this Asian sesame ginger dressing. You can substitute tamari if you're avoiding gluten or even use coconut aminos if you want to stay away from soy.
- Rice wine vinegar
- Toasted sesame oil
- Garlic, ginger, and shallots. You can use fresh ginger and garlic. If you need a shortcut, use jarred garlic and ginger. You can usually find this in the produce section.
- Honey. Use honey for a little sweetness. If you are following a keto diet use a little powdered sugar substitute like Swerve to add some sweetness without the carbs.
There are several options on how to make this easy salad dressing. You can make this recipe in a bowl and blend everything with a whisk. You can also add everything to a mason jar and give it a shake.
Lastly, you can use a high-speed blender or a food processor. No matter what technique you decide, this recipe is delicious.
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the oil, in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk together.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking vigorously.
How to eat Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing
This Asian-style salad dressing is good on almost any salad. But, my favorite is to drizzle it all over a big Chinese Chicken Salad.
Chinese Chicken Salad is usually made with romaine lettuce, shredded red cabbage, shredded carrots, sliced scallions, chopped peanuts, and shredded chicken.
Other Dressing Recipes That You’ll Love
More Yummy Salads
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going on in your kitchen. Please show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a five ★ review and a comment!
Asian Salad Dressing
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the oil, to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk together.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil, while continuing to whisking vigorously.
Alternative Mixing Instructions
- Mason Jar: Add the ingredients to a mason jar. Shake until mixed well.
- High-Speed blender or food processor: Add all of the ingredients to your food processor or blender. Mix until well combined.