Brunch is Serious Business, Especially When it’s Mother’s Day!
This Baked Polenta Frittata is perfect for brunch. It is sure to impress – even the toughest of moms.
A hearty layer of pesto-infused polenta serves as a base for this amazing frittata. The polenta takes ordinary frittata to a whole new level.Jump to Recipe
Make this Veggie Frittata the Night Before
If you let it set up overnight, the polenta gets firm and comes out in beautiful pieces. Serve it right out of the oven and the polenta is a little bit softer. It’s delicious either way!
My idea of perfection = a good cup of coffee and a lazy breakfast. As the weather starts to get warmer brunch dishes seem to be on my mind. I love sleeping in and then waking up to find the day is warm and sunny.
This frittata is amazing reheated in the morning. I’m all for whatever makes the weekends even easier!
Kick back. Put up your feet this weekend and keep your eye out for more brunch-tastic recipes.
The Beast Bowl Nutrition cookbook is coming soon! Get your pre-release discount coupon as soon as it launches.
Pesto Polenta Veggie Frittata
- 6 cups Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter Or Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups Polenta
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- ½ cup Pesto
- 12 eggs whisked
- ½ Onion finely diced
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 2 large handfuls Spinach chopped
- 1 Red Pepper finely diced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil chopped finely
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Avocado Oil Or Butter
- Fresh Basil chiffonade
- Parmesan Cheese grated
- Place water and salt in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add polenta in slowly, while continuously whisking.
- Continue to whisk until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Reduce heat and allow polenta to continue to thicken. You can start whisking frequently instead of continuously.
- When the mixture has thickened, it will be the consistency of a thick cornbread batter, remove from heat.
- Immediately stir in pesto, parmesan, and butter.
- Pour into a greased casserole pan.( I use a 7 x 10 1/2 inch.) Spread to make an even layer.
- Preheat oven to 425℉
- Add a few teaspoons of avocado oil to a skillet. on medium high.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sure until golden brown.
- Add diced onions and sauté for a out 5 minutes. Reduce heat if necessary.
- Add chopped spinach and red bell pepper. Sauté until just soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 12 eggs to a large bowl and whisk.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the veggies and fresh chopped basil to the eggs and stir to combine.
- Pour on top of polenta mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes. Bake until egg mixture is cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.