This casserole is fantastic – it has all the feel of a really good frittata. Because it is baked like a casserole it's also super easy, and you can even prep it up to two days ahead. How easy is that, especially during the holidays?!
The combination of the sweet Italian sausage and the white sweet potato is really delicious. I found this dish filling, satisfying - and best of all - you won't feel like you are missing out on anything at all.
Everybody Needs The Perfect Breakfast Casserole Recipe. This Sausage Breakfast Casserole recipe is definitely a keeper. This recipe is from Danielle Walker's Celebrations Cookbook.
Here are a few more recipes try:
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going in your kitchen. Show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a 5 ★ review and a comment!
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage casings removed
- 2 cups kale shredded, stems and ribs removed
- 14 eggs
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb Hannah sweet potatoes or other white sweet potatoes
- 2 tomatoes thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a cast iron skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until browned and mostly cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add the kale and continue cooking for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from pan and drain the sausage mixture.
- Discard most of the grease and then return the sausage mixture to the pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, basil, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes.
- Pour the mixture into the pan with the sausage and kale.
- Place tomatoes slices over the top of the casserole.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, or until center is set.
- Serve hot.