Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
Salty, caramelized pancetta, and sweet potatoes make this hash a super tasty addition to your breakfast routine.
The sweet potatoes in this breakfast hash will give you a nice chunk of healthy carbs to start your morning off right.
This recipe makes enough to eat all week – or just enough to make for a fancy lunch with friends. It calls for 6 eggs but keep in mind that you can always add more eggs if you want to have more protein.
Each component of the Meal Prep Bowl can be adjusted to meet your nutritional needs.
My goal is to get you to look at the components of each Meal Prep Bowl as their own part.
- Protein: Adjust the number of eggs to get the right amount of protein. I usually have 2 eggs – no egg whites here. Each egg adds about 6 grams of protein and 4 grams of fat.
- Carbohydrates: The sweet potatoes are a healthy carbohydrate and contain prebiotic fiber that feeds healthy gut bacteria.
- Fat: The yolk contains all the healthy fat! Not to mention, if you cook them perfectly the runny yolks are like a magic sauce.
I want to convince you to eat real food and stop worrying about every single calorie
Understand the health benefits of eating real food and listening to your body instead of stressing over every macro that crosses your lips.
Most of us just need to find some balance and learn how to eat when we are hungry and stop when we have had enough. And as part of that, choose foods that nourish us. That’s not so hard, is it?
If you like hash you should check out my duck hash. It’s one of my favorites – and one of the first recipes I did right here on Foodology Geek.
Tasty pancetta and sweet potato hash. Adjust the number of eggs for your protein needs.
Did you make this recipe? If you loved it, make sure you leave a 5-star review and a comment! 👇
I love to hear from you! ➡️Follow me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram, OR Pinterest.
Paleo Breakfast Hash
- 1 lb pancetta, diced
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Dice pancetta and brown pancetta over medium heat heavy bottomed skillet.
- Remove pancetta and set aside, reserve grease.
- Add diced sweet potatoes to grease and brown. Add a little black pepper.
- Add onions and red peppers to the pan. Cook until soft.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. NOTE: The saltiness of pancetta varies from brand to brand. Taste what you have before salting to see if it needs more salt.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Use a large spoon to create 6 spaces in the potatoes that you will add the eggs to. Try to space them out evenly.
- Crack each egg and adding it into one of the spaces.
- Cover the pan and cook on low until the eggs are just set.