Kimchi Dip, otherwise known as "Kimchee Dip" is a Hawaiian Dip Recipe that's spicy and creamy and tastes good on everything! Serve this creamy kimchi dip with Fritos or sliced veggies. This spicy kimchee dip also makes a delicious burger sauce. Trust me!
If you love Hawaiian food with real local flavor you need to give this recipe a try.
Creamy kimchi dip is a classic Hawaiian party dip and I'm not going to lie it's absolutely delicious.
Living in Hawaii gives you access to all kinds of local dishes that you might not necessarily find in any restaurant in Hawaii or on the mainland for that matter.
Kimchee dip, as it's spelled in Hawaii, is a local-style potluck recipe made with a creamy blend of cream cheese, sour cream, and kimchee. It's served with chips, commonly Fritos or won ton crisps. However, you can serve this flavorful dip with cut-up veggies as well.
What you're going to love about Creamy Kimchi Dip
- Spicy creamy flavor.
- Easy and inexpensive.
- Tastes good with chips or veggies and makes an unbeatable burger sauce.
What goes into Kimchi Dip
There are only a few ingredients need to make this recipe.
- Kimchi. You can use any kind of kimchi that you like. Just keep in mind that some kimchis have more juice than others. You might want to strain your kimchi if you're worried about the dip being too watery. You can always add back in extra juice if needed.
- Sour cream + cream cheese. I always use full-fat sour cream and cream cheese. If you want to lighten this dip up you can use the low-fat varieties.
- Sriracha. Adjust the amount of sriracha to your taste. Depending on how spicy your kimchi is you might have to use more or less sriracha in this recipe.
- Sesame oil. I like the addition of sesame in this recipe. You can add a little extra sesame oil if you like it.
- Green onions. Chopped green onions are the perfect garnish on this dip.
How to make Kimchi Dip
This spicy dip is easy to make. Simply add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor and blend until it is smooth and creamy.
Adjust the amount of heat by adding more or less sriracha. Garnish with diced green onions and serve with your favorite chips or sliced veggies.
How to store kimchi dip
Store Kimchi dip in the fridge, in an airtight container for up to a week.
What To Serve With Kimchee Dip
Kimchi dip is usually served with chips or sliced veggies. I love eating this dip with sliced cucumbers. This dip is surprising low carb so serving it with sliced veggies makes for a great low carb snack or party dip.
You can also serve this as a kimchi spread with burgers.
Hungry for more Dip Recipes?
If you're looking for more dip recipes or salsa recipes, I've got you covered. Dips and salsas are essential party foods. Make sure to try out my best Hawaiian Salsa, the Pineapple Salsa, and the Mango Salsa.
➽ Did you make this recipe? If you loved this recipe, make sure you leave a 5 ★ review and a comment! I love to hear from you! Follow me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest.
Kimchi Dip (aka Hawaiian Kimchee Dip)
- Bring the cream cheese to room temp. Set the cream cheese out for an hour or so to bring it to room temperature.
- Strain the kimchi. About 1 cup of kimchi and reserve the juice.
- Blend. Add the kimchi, the softened cream cheese, the sour cream, sriracha, and the sesame oil to the food processor fitted with the s-blade. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish. Garnish the dip with chopped green onions. I also like adding furikake to the dip.