Amazing briny, lemony chicken breast. Awesome with pasta or potatoes!
- 1 large double boneless, skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- flour, for dredging
- ¼ cup capers
- ⅓ cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- Butterfly each chicken breast (you should end up with 4 fillets), and pound thin (approximately 1 cm).
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour (we used gluten free).
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter over medium high heat.
- When oil starts to sizzle, place 2 pieces of chicken in skillet and cook 3 mins per side. Remove and set aside.
- Repeat adding another 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil to skillet, and brown your other pieces of chicken.
- Add stock to deglaze the pan, bring to a boil and scrape off browned bits to incorporate into sauce.
- Add lemon juice and capers.
- Return all your browned chicken to pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter to the pan sauce and whisk vigorously until butter is melted.
- Spoon pan sauce over chicken before serving.