This Baja Style Shrimp Ceviche is Summers New Best Friend.
Ceviche is one of my favorite healthy lean proteins.
No cooking means this is an easy protein to prepare. Fresh and tasty shrimp and mixed with spicy, crunchy vegetables makes it easy to eat.Jump to Recipe
Add This easy to meal prep protein to your rotation.
Ceviche can be made with almost any fresh fish or shrimp.
Traditionally, the fresh seafood is cooked by the citrus juice. No heat needed. If you’ve never made ceviche this way, we definitely recommend giving this a try.
If you really can’t convince yourself to cook seafood with lemon juice, then go ahead and use cooked shrimp. We’ll only slightly judge you – crazy germaphobe!
Ceviche is one of our go-to camping recipes.
Last summer my husband and I went camping in Calaveras Big Trees State Park. You can read all about it in our Super Easy Camping Recipes post. You’ll find this recipe and a few of my other camp food to impress go tos like:
- Campfire Fruit Crumble
- Campfire Fajitas
- Easy to Pack Smoked Salmon Hand Rolls
- Peach Bourbon Barbecue Pork
Check out these impressive camping recipes and come back for our fabulous line-up of protein packed Beast Bowls!
Here is my ceviche from last years trip. So perfect and cold after setting up the tent and our campsite.
Fresh and Easy Traditional Shrimp Ceviche
- 2 lbs Medium Shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 small Tomatoes (about a cup) diced
- ½ White Onion diced
- ½ bunch Cilantro diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Serrano Chilies minced
- 3 Lemons juiced
- 3 Limes juiced
- 1-2 tsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- ½ Cucumber (optional) diced
- Add all of the prepared veggies to a large non reactive (plastic or glass) bowl. Set Aside.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, chop into bite-sized pieces. Add to bowl.
- Squeeze lemon and lime juice. Add enough citrus juice to cover completely.
- I usually let my ceviche set at room temperature for about 30 minutes or so, before I seal it up and store it in the fridge.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or plantain chips and some hot sauce.