White wine sangria is an easy-to-make summer cocktail that's made with wine, fresh fruit, and a little orange or peach liqueur. You can customize this refreshing summer beverage to your taste by adding your favorite fruits.
How Do You Make White Wine Sangria?
This white sangria recipe is perfect for any occasion and can be tailored to fit your preferences by using your favorite type of dry white wine and adding in your favorite fruits and herbs. So grab a bottle of white wine and get started on making this delicious summer sipper!
- Start by chopping up your fruit and adding it to a large pitcher.
- Add the wine and the liqueur to the fruit. Stir and serve.
What Goes into Sangria?
- White Wine. Chose a light white wine preferably unoaked. You can also use prosecco to make sangria if you like bubbles.
- Liqueur. Orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier or triple sec. The peach liqueur is also a good choice for white wine sangria.
- Fruit. You can use whatever fruit you like. Peaches, mangoes, & berries are a few great summer fruits for white sangria.
- Simple Syrup. You can add simple syrup or fruit juice to sweeten up your sangria. Adjust the sweetness to your taste.
What White Wine is Best for White Sangria?
- The best white wines for your sangria are a dryer, more acidic, and crisp fresh whites. A few good choices are Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Vermentino, or Grenache Blanc. For white wines that are on the sweeter side chose an Albariño, Moscato, or Rosé.
How To Serve Sangria
Serve sangria in glasses filled with ice. Add some of the fruit from the pitcher and then pour over the sangria. Garnish with mint.
The best glasses are stemless wine glasses or large round wine glasses.
Thirsty for more Summer Beverages?
- Red Wine Sangria
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Blue Hawaii Cocktail
- Mai Tais. Trader Vics Mai Tai or the Royal Hawaiian Mai Tai
- Pineapple Martini
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going on in your kitchen. Please show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a five ★ review and a comment!
White Wine Sangria
- 1 bottles white Spanish table wine you can also use Prosecco
- ½ cup peach liqueur, cointreu, trip sec, or grand marnier You can swap this out for any variety of fruit based liqueur.
- 1 peach or mangos sliced
- 1 to 2 limes
- 1 to 2 cups berries strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries
- ½ cup simple syrup or more to taste (equal parts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
- soda water
- Mix all ingredients together and let stand in a tightly sealed container or pitcher for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Laura's Tips + Notes
- Simple syrup is optional. Use it to adjust the sweetness. You may not need any at all or you may need more. It depends on the variety of wines you use. Nutrition info is calculated without the simple syrup.
- Rioja wine is usually the wine that I use.
- Use any fruits that you like. Summer fruits are best in a white sangria recipe. You can pair the liqueur with the type of fruit that you are using to better tie in the flavors.