We’ve all had bacon wrapped figs. You know – the ones stuffed with goat cheese.
This mind-blowing fig tart brings all of these flavors together in a beautiful and delicious version of this classic appetizer.Jump to Recipe OR Print Recipe
Never again will you not have the perfect recipe to bring to a party!
I hate to even mention that the holidays are right around the corner. It’s best to be prepared. School is back in session; Halloween stores are opening their doors. Holiday cheer is looming out there already and it’s still 87 degrees in California.
This recipe is packed with amazing flavor. How can you not fall in love with a light and buttery puff pastry that is filled with goat cheese and then topped with figs, bacon, and honey. Say no more – sign me up!
I love recipes like this that are super easy but make you look like a celebrity chef. After the pastry dough thaws the assembly of this dish takes about 5 minutes. It looks rustic and fantastic. The colors and textures are gorgeous.
The goat cheese is mixed with a few eggs, some fresh thyme and a little bit of cayenne pepper for a kick. Then the fresh figs are nestled in the cheese and the whole thing is baked until it is a deep golden brown.
Bringing it all together.
When you pull this beautiful fig tart out of the oven, the figs are caramelized and their fabulous purple juice is spilling out all around them, painting the cheese with a magnificent color. Crispy crumbled bacon goes on top and then the whole thing is drizzled with honey and reduced balsamic vinegar. I like to top everything off with more fresh thyme for the sake of color. Using a few whole twigs of thyme give this masterpiece a festive look.
If you’re in love with goat cheese, like I am – check out our goat cheese and mushroom bruschetta.
Like always – we love to hear from you! Make sure to send us your favorite family holiday recipe. We would love to feature your story in our Family Recipes section.
Make sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and sign up to get our special freebies delivered right to your in box. Our members only content has started rolling out so don’t miss out!
In the meantime keep on sharing the food ❤️ and we will too!
Goat Cheese Tart With Figs and Bacon
- 9 oz pkg frozen puff pastry dough
- 1 pint fresh figs quartered
- ⅓ lb thick bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ balsamic vinegar reduced
- 2 tbsp honey
- extra fresh thyme
- Thaw pastry dough according to directions.
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Roll out dough the thawed dough to an even-ish rectangle on parchment paper.
- Slide the entire sheet including parchment on a large cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to pierce the center of the pastry dough. Leave about ½ inch around the edge un-pierced.
- Whisk together goat cheese, eggs, thyme, and cayenne.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread filling on top of pastry dough, leaving the edges uncovered.
- Add quartered figs, cover as much cheese as possible.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Do not under bake.
- Add crumbled bacon and extra fresh thyme.
- Drizzle reduced balsamic vinegar and honey on top of tart. Serve immediately.