This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
This easier-than-sin chocolate almond bark looks like it came right out of a gourmet candy shop. Made with rich dark chocolate and roasted almonds, then topped with either a Maldon sea salt or a Pinot Noir craft salt.
Chocolate almond bark is one of my favorite snacks. It’s surprisingly decadent but has very little sugar so you can enjoy this delicious snack completely guilt-free.
This homemade chocolate almond bark is next level.
What you are going to love about this recipe
No one will ever believe that you whipped it up in 5 minutes flat! You don’t need to tell anyone that you made this in the Microwave. – MIND BLOWN!
Ingredients in Chocolate Almond Bark
The combination of salt, roasted almonds, and dark chocolate make a rich and delicious almond bark that is so fantastic.
- Chocolate: The best chocolate you can find and afford. My favorite is Guittard.
- Almonds: Roasted and unsalted almonds.
- Craft Salt: Here I’ve used Maldon salt and a pinot noir craft salt.
Step 1: Melt the chocolate.
Step 2: Stir in the nuts.
Step 3: Pour onto a Silpat.
Step 4: Add a little salt and chill.
FAQs and Expert Tips
You can also make this as chocolate almond clusters if you use a cookie scoop or any other scooping device.
Varieties Of Chocolate Bark
- Roasted almonds and dried cherries
- Dried candied ginger and a few drops of orange extract
- Pistachios and dried blueberries
- Almonds and coconut flakes
- Peanuts and dried raspberries
- Crushed honeycomb or butter toffee and roasted almonds
You can also swap out dark chocolate for other kinds of chocolate.
Maybe you’re a milk chocolate person – use that instead. Add a layer of peppermint-scented white chocolate for a peppermint bark twist.
This recipe is also a great way to get kids into the kitchen. Have them mix up a batch with their favorite candies inside. There is nothing like a big mouthful of chocolate-covered gummy worms to light up a kid’s day.
Other Candy Recipes that You should Try
If you need a few other fast and easy gift-able treats, check out our Dairy-Free Rocky Road Fudge and Brown Butter Caramel Sauce. Both super easy to make and super impressive to give!
Dark Chocolate Salted Almond Bark
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Microwave for 2 more minutes on high. Stir.
- Continue to microwave 1 minute at a time until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in almonds.
- Pour out onto silpat and spread out to about a fingers width thick.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with craft salt. I like pinot noir salt or salt crystals.
- Place in freezer until set.
- Crack apart into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container. Store in the fridge if it is warm.
- Alternatively, you can use a scoop or spoon to scoop out small mounds of chocolate and almonds.
Laura’s Tips + Notes
YOUR OWN NOTES
Sign In to add your own private notes