Made with rich dark chocolate and roasted almonds, then topped with either a Maldon sea salt or a Pinot Noir craft salt; this easier than sin chocolate almond bark looks like it came right out of a gourmet candy shop.
Chocolate Almond Bark Is One Of My Favorite Things
This homemade chocolate almond bark is next level
You can also make this as chocolate almond clusters if you use a cookie scoop or any other scooping device.
Ingredient in Chocolate Almond Bark
- Chocolate: The best chocolate you can find and afford. My favorite is Guittard.
- Almonds: Roasted and unsalted almonds.
- Craft Salt: Here I’ve used Maldon salt and a pinot noir craft salt.
The combination of salt, roasted almonds, and dark chocolate make a rich and delicious almond bark that is so fantastic.
No one will ever believe that you whipped it up in 5 minutes flat! You don’t need to tell anyone that you made this in the Microwave. – MIND BLOWN!
Making Homemade Chocolate Almond Bark
It’s recipes like this that get my creative juice flowing.
There are three basic ingredients: chocolate, nuts, and salt.
But once you start thinking about things, you can add almost anything into this chocolate to create a million different flavor profiles.
There are no limits!
Varieties Of Chocolate Bark
- Roasted almonds and dried cherries
- Dried candied ginger and a few drops of orange extract
- Pistachios and dried blueberries
- Almonds and coconut flakes
- Peanuts and dried raspberries
- Crushed honeycomb or butter toffee and roasted almonds
You can also swap out the dark chocolate for other kinds of chocolate.
Maybe you’re a milk chocolate person – use that instead. Add a layer of peppermint-scented white chocolate for a peppermint bark twist.
This recipe is also a great way to get kids into the kitchen. Have them mix up a batch with their favorite candies inside. There is nothing like a big mouthful of chocolate-covered gummy worms to light up a kid’s day.
Dark Chocolate Salted Almond Bark
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Microwave for 2 more minutes on high. Stir.
- Continue to microwave 1 minute at a time until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in almonds.
- Pour out onto silpat and spread out to about a fingers width thick.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with craft salt. I like pinot noir salt or salt crystals.
- Place in freezer until set.
- Crack apart into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container. Store in the fridge if it is warm.
- Alternatively, you can use a scoop or spoon to scoop out small mounds of chocolate and almonds.