Chocolate Almond Bark Is One Of My Favorite Things
AND This chocolate almond bark is next level!
Made with a rich dark chocolate and roasted almonds, then topped with either a Maldon sea salt or a Pinot Noir craft salt; this easier than sin chocolate almond bark looks like it came right out of a gourmet candy shop.
You can also make this as chocolate almond clusters if you use a cookie scoop or any other scooping device. (Make your own personalized bite sized pieces! We’ve got big mouths!)Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
There are only 3 Ingredients.
- The best chocolate you can find and afford. My favorite is Guittard.
- Roasted and unsalted almonds.
- Craft salt.
The combination of these things makes a rich and delicious almond bark that is so fantastic – no one will ever believe that you whipped it up in 5 minutes flat! You don’t need to tell anyone that you made this in the Microwave. – MIND BLOWN!
This type of recipe encompasses everything that I love about cooking.
It’s recipes like this that really get my creative juice flowing. There are three basic ingredients: chocolate, nuts and salt. But once you start thinking about things, you can add almost anything into this chocolate to create a million different flavor profiles. There are no limits!
Just a few things off the top of my head that I might add instead of just plain roasted almonds.
- Roasted almonds and dried cherries
- Dried candied ginger and a few drops of orange extract
- Pistachios and dried blueberries
- Almonds and coconut flakes
- Peanuts and dried raspberries
- Crushed honey comb or butter toffee and roasted almonds
You can also swap out the dark chocolate for other kinds of chocolate. Maybe you’re a milk chocolate person – use that instead. Add a layer of peppermint scented white chocolate for a peppermint bark twist.
This recipe is also a great way to get kids into the kitchen. Have them mix up a batch with their favorite candies inside. There is nothing like a big mouthful of chocolate covered gummy worms to light up a kid’s day.
We would love to see which flavor combinations you create. Tag us @foodologygeek. Or, send us your favorite one. We would love to share it with our readers.[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]
Dark Chocolate Salted Almond Bark
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Microwave for 2 more minutes on high. Stir.
- Continue to microwave 1 minute at a time until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in almonds.
- Pour out onto silpat and spread out to about a fingers width thick.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with craft salt. I like pinot noir salt or salt crystals.
- Place in freezer until set.
- Crack apart into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container. Store in the fridge if it is warm.
- Alternatively, you can use a scoop or spoon to scoop out small mounds of chocolate and almonds.