Rocky Road Fudge (Dairy-Free)
This is a super-fast dairy-free fudge recipe that is made without condensed milk. Try this made-healthier chocolate fudge with marshmallows and roasted almonds.
What is Rocky Road Fudge?
This easy fudge recipe has all of the flavors of classic Rocky Road recipe that is normally seen as ice cream.
The fudge base is rich dark chocolate. Marshmallow and nuts are mixed in.
Once the fudge has set it can be sliced into rocky road fudge bars or cut into the traditional bite-sized square pieces.
I make this fudge recipe using coconut milk. Because there is no condensed milk, this fudge is lower in sugar and dairy-free. Don’t worry, it doesn’t taste at all like coconut at all.
Only 5 Ingredients are needed to make this Fudge Recipe.
- Dark Chocolate Chips — I use Guittard Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (affiliate link). You can use your favorite chocolate.
- Coconut Cream — Use a full-fat coconut cream (affiliate link). You can usually find this in the Asian section of the grocery store.
- Marshmallows — Dandies brand (affiliate link) marshmallows are vegan. Traditional marshmallows are not vegan because they contain gelatin. You can use traditional or vegan marshmallows in this recipe. If you want a real treat make homemade marshmallows.
- Nuts — Almonds or Walnuts. I prefer rocky road with toasted almonds. I have also seen rocky road made with walnuts, and even cashews.
- Flake Salt — I use a little flake salt (affiliate link) to finish off this fudge. I love a salty-sweet flavor the salt gives this recipe a or that results from the salt being added. Plus the salt gives this recipe a slight crunch.
This fudge can be made in the microwave
You can also make this on the stovetop. Whichever method you chose, this rocky road fudge is easy.
For the microwave instructions:
What is better than an easy microwave rocky road recipe?
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut cream to a microwave-safe bowl (affiliate link).
- Microwave one minute at a time, until the mixture is melted. (This usually takes 3 minutes)
- Stir the mixture between each minute.
- Once the mixture is melted and smooth, stir in the marshmallows and nuts.
- Pour into a square silicone baking pan (affiliate link). OR a square pan lined with parchment paper.
For the stovetop instructions:
- Add the coconut cream to a medium saucepan and warm on medium heat.
- Add the chocolate to a medium-sized bowl.
- When the coconut milk is hot, pour it over the chocolate chips and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Once the mixture is smooth, stir in the marshmallows and nuts.
- Pour into a square silicone baking pan. OR a square pan lined with parchment paper.
How to make Rocky Road Fudge
This fudge is a vegan recipe.
And this recipe is vegan, as long as you use vegan marshmallows (affiliate link).
I usually buy the Dandies brand. They are pretty easy to find at our local grocery store. If you can’t find them in your area check out the link to them.
This ultra-easy fudge recipe is creamy, chock full of nuts and fluffy marshmallows. Then it’s sprinkled with just the right amount of flake salt. These elements all come together as the most perfect flavor combination.
This fudge only takes 5 minutes to make. Yep, 5 minutes.
Chocolate chips and coconut cream make the perfect fudge base. If you are a fudge purist you can even omit the nuts and marshmallows, resulting in creamy smoothness.
You can make different varieties of this fudge recipe by adding different mix-ins.
My favorite fruit and nut variations.
- Dried cherries and almonds
- Crushed Peppermint Candies
- Graham crackers and marshmallows
Other Homemade Candy Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Protein Balls
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what’s going on in your kitchen. Show me what you’re cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a five ★ review and a comment!
Rocky Road Fudge (Vegan and Dairy-Free)
- silicone baking pan
- 16 ounces chocolate chips, I like Guittard bittersweet
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 cups vegan mini marshmallows
- 1 cup almonds
- a sprinkle of flake salt, (Optional, but worth it)
- Microwave the chocolate chips for 1 min on high, stir. Repeat 3xs or until melted and smooth.
- Add the coconut cream, stir or whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Add the nuts and marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into a square silicone baking pan or a pan lined with foil or parchment.
- Freeze until firm. Remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with flake salt.
- Cut into 16 or 25 bite-size pieces. 😎
Maybe edit the “mushrooms” for “marshmallows”…?
Hmm I wonder what the rescue is if you use Thai Kitchen coconut milk vs cream? Tastes good
Was it too thin, I imagine? I am not sure there is a rescue…the milk has a lot more water. Double the chocolate?