Apricot Cranberry Oat Bars
Fresh fruit makes me want to bake cobbler! One thing that I crave when I clean up my eating habits is; not only the sweets I’ve eliminated but the crunch of grains like oats.
These bars are full of crunchy oats and chewy fruit. They’re meant to be just a few bites of yumminess.
The fruity deliciousness of cobbler in an easy to make bar.
These easy to make fruit and oat bars are a little bit sweet and have the crunch of toasted oats.
The tart cranberries balance the sweetness of the apricots.
This recipe creates delicious crunchy sweet and chewy bars that can be eaten warm – and pair perfectly with a cup of hot tea.
More than that, if you’ve got a bit of self-control, you CAN eat just one. No need to throw your clean eating habits off the rails! Everything in moderation, right?
Yes! You can eat just one…or two.
You can make these bars using fresh or dried apricots.
If you decide to use dried, you may want to soak them in a bit of warm water to soften them up a bit before throwing them in the batter. It is really up to you. The drier the apricots you use, the chewier they will be once baked.
You can also make this recipe GLUTEN FREE and/or VEGAN! See the Notes section of the recipe card for the details.!
Make the bars! …AND don’t let them derail any progress you’ve made towards clean eating! There is nothing wrong with enjoying the occasional treat!
Apricot Cranberry Cobbler Bars
Fruit and Nut Layer
- ½ cup apricots, fresh or dried – diced
- ½ cup cranberries, fresh or dried – diced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ cups dates, chopped
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
Crust and Streusel Topping
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup caramel sauce, FG Recipe or ice cream topping
- ½ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉
Fruit and Nut Layer – Part 1
- In a bowl combine the cranberries and the 2 Tbsp of sugar. Set aside.
Crust and Streusel Topping
- In a second bowl, mix together 2 cups of flour, the 2 cups of oats, ½ cup of white sugar, ½ cup of brown sugar and the ½ tsp of baking soda. Once combined, add the cup of melted butter.
- Reserve and set aside 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press the remaining crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ baking pan. [PRO TIP: Use a potato masher to press the mixture into the pan. This helps create an even, packed layer.] Bake for 15 minutes.
Fruit and Nut Layer – Part 2
- Add dates, walnuts and apricots to the cranberries. Mix them together. Then, sprinkle them evenly over the cooked crust.
- Combine the 1 cup caramel sauce and ⅓ cup flour. Spoon it over the fruit and nut layer.
- Top with the reserved 1 cup of crumb mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until slightly brown. Cool slightly before cutting into bars while still warm.
Seriously, these are the BEST cobbler bars. Simple to make and apricot and cranberry together- oh yum!