Don't let the cream sauce fool you, this pan-seared halibut is not only really easy to make, but it is also really healthy too. The fresh delicious fish is packed with a hearty serving of protein, and the citrus cream adds a bright, rich finish and is way more calorie-friendly than you would expect.
This recipe is fancy enough for company yet easy enough for a Tuesday
The fish, the cream sauce, and the julienned vegetables are all are cooked in the same pan, so not only is this recipe super fast and easy to cook, and it's also a breeze to clean up!
Selecting Fresh Fish
Halibut is a nice light white fish that isn't too fishy, but you can use any fish you like for this recipe. Just make sure when you are buying fish that it looks and smells fresh. It should smell like ocean water; It may have a mild fishy order but it shouldn't at all be overwhelming. The meat should be firm and bright-looking.
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going on in your kitchen. Please show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a five ★ review and a comment!
Pan Seared Halibut with Citrus Cream Sauce
- 2 lbs halibut filet
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bulb fennel
- ¾ cup white wine sauvignon blanc or chardonnay
- 1 orange juiced
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cut halibut into 4 equally sized pieces. Salt and pepper.
- Heat butter on med-high heat in a large skillet.
- Place halibut in hot pan. Once fish is placed in the pan do not disturb until it is brown and caramelized. Approximately 2-3 minutes on each side depending on it’s thickness.
- Remove fish from pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil.
- Add vegetables to pan and sauté for a few minutes until tender.
- Remove vegetables from pan and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan with heat on med high, add orange juice, reduce to ½ of the liquid volume.
- Reduce heat and add cream. Whisk to incorporate.
- Add chopped parsley.
- Plating: Add a portion of the vegetables to a plate. Place the fish on top and top with the citrus cream sauce.