Don't let the cream sauce fool you, this pan-seared halibut is not only really easy to make, it is really healthy too. The fresh delicious fish is packed with a hearty serving of protein, and the citrus cream adds a bright, rich finish and is way more calorie friendly than you would expect.
This recipe is fancy enough for company yet easy enough for a Tuesday
Eating healthy should be about balance
Eating real food all the time, but also partaking in decadence in moderation.
This fish is packed with protein and healthy fats. The cream sauce adds an element of rich decadent flavor without being too heavy or overly calorie-rich.
Then you add a nice serving of vegetables that adds a ton of vitamins and healthy phytonutrients to your meal.
The result is a winner-winner fish dinner! It is full of fantastic flavor and is extremely nutritious.
When I first started cooking, fish always seemed really intimidating so I would stick to ordering it at restaurants.
As the true foodie that I am, I always paid attention to how it was cooked and what flavors it had.
After a while, I decided to try out some fish recipes at home, and to my surprise, it wasn't as hard as it seemed.
Just like everything, once you learn a few basic recipes and master a few of the cooking techniques used to prepare fish, it ends up being way easier than you think.
Fish is so good for you, it really is a shame if you aren't including it in your diet at least once a week.
I love to serve a plate of food that looks like you spent hours in the kitchen but was actually really easy and super fast to prepare.
You don't have to tell anyone that this pan-seared halibut with cream sauce takes less than 30 minutes to get to the table.
It is just fine to take all the credit like you performed a culinary miracle – it can be our little secret.😉
The fish, the cream sauce, and the julienned vegetables are all are cooked in the same pan, so not only is this recipe super fast and easy to cook, and it's also a breeze to clean up!
A Few Notes On Selecting Fresh Fish
Halibut is a nice light white fish that isn't too fishy, but you can use any fish you like for this recipe. Just make sure when you are buying fish that it looks and smells fresh. It should smell like ocean water; It may have a mild fishy order but it shouldn't at all be overwhelming. The meat should be firm and bright looking.
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going in your kitchen. Show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a 5 ★ review and a comment!
Pan Seared Halibut with Citrus Cream Sauce
- 2 lbs halibut filet
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bulb fennel
- ¾ cup white wine sauvignon blanc or chardonnay
- 1 orange juiced
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cut halibut into 4 equally sized pieces. Salt and pepper.
- Heat butter on med-high heat in a large skillet.
- Place halibut in hot pan. Once fish is placed in the pan do not disturb until it is brown and caramelized. Approximately 2-3 minutes on each side depending on it’s thickness.
- Remove fish from pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil.
- Add vegetables to pan and sauté for a few minutes until tender.
- Remove vegetables from pan and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan with heat on med high, add orange juice, reduce to ½ of the liquid volume.
- Reduce heat and add cream. Whisk to incorporate.
- Add chopped parsley.
- Plating: Add a portion of the vegetables to a plate. Place the fish on top and top with the citrus cream sauce.