A little bit twisted – green deviled eggs
These Paleo gems are about to rock your Holiday!
I don’t know about you, but deviled eggs are a requirement for Easter at our house. These babies are so good they are at home in any holiday dinner! I love eggs prepared almost anyway – but there is something extra special about deviled eggs. They’re fancy!
My grandmother’s original recipe is delicious; so much so, my mom usually makes them every year for Easter. No matter how many she makes, there are never enough of them. This year I wanted to make my own version of deviled eggs – one that’s been nutritionally optimized. These green deviled Easter eggs are easy, tasty and full of healthy fat. What more could you want?
In this recipe Avocado serves as a substitute for the traditional mayo, this provides a rich flavor and gives the eggs a gorgeous light green color. There is also a little bit of maple syrup and a hint of smoked paprika added to give these babies a smokey sweet note that pairs magically with the crumbled bacon. Top the whole thing off with some finely diced tomatoes and chives and it really is a party in your mouth!
I hope you enjoy these. If you do, don’t be shy, share the recipe with friends!
Do you have a favorite way to eat Deviled Eggs? We would love to feature your recipe right here on Foodology Geek! And as a special thank you for sharing we will send you a free e-copy of our soon to be released Beast Bowl Nutrition Cookbook.
Submit your recipe below for a chance to be featured here. We will recreate it, photograph it, and give you all the credit!!!
Green Deviled Easter Eggs
- 10 eggs hardboiled
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cooked bacon crumbled
- ½ cup tomatoes finely diced
- 2 tbsp chives
- Hard boil eggs (use instant pot or pressure cooker for super easy to peel eggs)
- While eggs are boiling, crumble the bacon and chop the toppings.
- Let eggs cool – place in ice water to chill quickly.
- Peel and then slice eggs in half.
- Add yolks to a food processor bowl.
- Add avocado, vinegar, mustard, paprika, and maple syrup. Mix well. (Adjust seasonings to taste)
- Place the mixture in a sandwich bag, and cut the tip off of one end so that you have a small opening.
- Pipe the filling into the egg white halves.
- Top with bacon, tomatoes and chives.
Grandma Sisson's Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- paprika optional
- Hard boil 1 dozen eggs.
- Cool, peel and slice in half.
- Reserve the yolks in a medium bowl.
- Smash yolks, add the remaining ingredients. My grandma alway just used a fork to do this. Mix until smooth.
- Use a spoon to fill the eggs with filling.
- Optional: Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Enjoy! Try to eat just one!