This classic deviled egg recipe is my Grandma Sisson’s. My mom always made a plate of deviled eggs to serve as appetizers for almost every holiday. The filling of these deviled eggs is sweet and creamy, just like I remember.
Deviled Eggs Are A Healthy Holiday Snack
When the holidays roll around there are so many treats around that aren’t exactly the healthiest options.
Bring a platter of these easy deviled eggs to your next holiday party. It’ll ensure that you have a healthier snack option.
Deviled eggs are high protein and are usually relatively low carbs.
How To Boil Eggs For Deviled Eggs
The number one tip that I have for you is how to hard boil eggs so that they will peel easily.
If you have ever made deviled eggs this has probably been your biggest frustration. I’m here to solve this for you.
Easy To Peel Eggs 101
- Bring the water to a boil BEFORE you add the eggs!
- Add the eggs to the water using a spoon.
- Set up an ice bath.
- Boil for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Drain the water off of the eggs and add them to the ice bath.
Adding the eggs to the boiling water to help them pull apart from the shell easier.
I promise with this method you will get easy to peel every single time hard-boiled eggs.
Ingredients For Deviled Eggs
- Hard-boiled eggs: Hard boil 12 eggs using the method above.
- Mayonnaise: I like Best Food’s mayo for this recipe.
- Mustard: My Grandma always used French’s yellow mustard. Dijon mustard is also fine to use in this recipe.
- White Vinegar: Any light vinegar can be used for this recipe. Other vinegar that I like are Champagne Vinegar or White Balsamic.
- White Sugar: Simple white sugar or even caster sugar can be used in this recipe.
- Paprika: A sprinkle of paprika adds gorgeous color to these simple deviled eggs.
How To Make Deviled Eggs
- Boil the eggs: When they are cool, peel and slice in half.
- Make the filling: Mix together the egg yolk, vinegar, sugar, salt, mayo, and mustard. Mash the filling together with a fork until smooth. You can also use a hand mixer to blend the filling together.
- Fill the eggs: Use a spoon to fill the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika
More Of My Favorite Deviled Eggs Recipes
- Avocado Deviled Eggs with Bacon
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- Deviled Eggs with Caviar – Billionaire Deviled Eggs
Classic Deviled Eggs
- Hard boil one dozen eggs.
- Cool, peel and slice in half.
- Reserve the yolks in a medium bowl.
- Smash yolks, add the remaining ingredients. My grandma always just used a fork to do this. Mix until smooth.
- Use a spoon to fill the eggs with filling.
- Optional: Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve chilled.