This easy banana bread recipe is my great-grandfather’s recipe. It’s simple to make, really moist, and full of banana flavor. Even my husband, who professes to hate bananas, loves this banana bread.
Growing up, my mom made homemade bread all of the time.
Banana Bread has always been my favorite. It’s moist, delicious, and full of yummy banana flavor!
I love bananas! But in my opinion, bananas have a one day window of optimum ripeness. Do you know what I mean?
You buy a bunch of banana, and they’re green, not quite ready to eat. Then you wait a few days, and they get to that perfect bright yellow ripe banana perfection!
But who can eat an entire bunch of bananas in one day? So over the next few days, you end up with half a bunch of overripe bananas. At this point, I either peel them and freeze them to use in smoothies. OR make this Amazing Moist Banana Bread Recipe.
Why I love this recipe
- Quick bread recipes are ultra-easy to make. No proofing means you have bread in your belly faster than ever.
- You only need one bowl to make this recipe. No mixer needed!
- Delicious moist banana flavor.
Making homemade banana bread is so easy that this needs no explanation. The most complicated step in making banana bread is making sure your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Bananas: Two very ripe bananas.
- Dry Ingredients: Flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Wet Ingredients: Butter and eggs.
- Mash the bananas: I usually use a fork for this step.
- Mix in the sugar and the butter: Mashup everything together, again using a fork.
- Add the eggs: Add in the eggs one at a time. Mix in, using your fork.
- Add the dry ingredients: Mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Bake: Bake for an hour at 350℉
Variations and FAQs
There are so many ways to vary this banana bread recipe. Here are a few of my favorites.
Banana Nut Bread
You can add a half-cup to one cup of chopped walnuts or pecans if you want to make this into a banana-nut bread.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Add one cup of your favorite chocolate chips to this recipe to make chocolate chip banana bread.
Blueberry Banana Bread
Add one cup of fresh blueberries to make this a blueberry banana bread.
Hawaiian Banana Bread
Add a half cup of shredded coconut and a half cup of chopped macadamia nuts to this recipe.
Can I make this recipe with gluten-free flour?
Yes, This recipe does well with gluten-free flour. I like either King Arthurs One-to-one flour or Bob’s red mill
Other recipes you might like:
If you like baking, here are a few more recipes that I know you’ll love!
- Banana Cake: Light and fluffy banana cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Vanilla Cupcakes:
- Cinnamon Rolls:
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread:
- Pineapple Sweet Rolls:
Did you make this recipe? If you loved it, make sure you leave a 5-star review and a comment! 👇
Easy, Super Moist Banana Bread
- loaf pan
- loaf pan liners
- stone wear loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Add the sugar. Mix in.
- Add the butter. Mix in.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Mix in.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix in.
- Add the flour and stir until just mixed. Batter will be lumpy.
- I use a stoneware bread pan to bake this. If you don't have one of those. Make sure to butter and flour the bread pan. Or use a handy-dandy loaf liner.
- Bake for about and hour. Oven temperatures may vary so keep an eye on it. The bread should be a deep golden brown and a skewer test should come out clean.