This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
These low-carb chocolate chip cookies are completely grain-free. This cookie is somewhere in between a keto chocolate chip cookie and a chocolate chip fat bomb.
Made with hazelnut flour these cookies have a satisfying nutty texture. Plus, I’ll even show you how to make them entirely keto if you don’t want any sugar at all.
Why This Recipe Works
These grain-free chocolate chip cookies have a salty-sweet flavor vibe.
When I make a batch at our house the kids and the husband can’t keep their hands off of them. I like knowing that my family is snacking on a healthier cookie.
Picking the right grain-free flour
You have a few options when baking with gluten-free flour.
Coconut flour is a solid option, especially if you can’t eat nuts. However, I find coconut flour to be a little on the dry side in baked goods.
Most commonly finely ground almond flour is used as a substitute when doing low carb or keto baking. Almond flour would work just fine in this recipe.
I chose hazelnut flour, more commonly marketed as hazelnut meal in this recipe because of its rich nutty flavor.
NOTE: Find hazelnut flour in most well-stocked grocery stores.
You can order it online here if you can’t find it locally.
Low Carb Chocolate Chips
I used extra dark chocolate chips. Extra dark chocolate chips have a small amount of sugar. My favorite brand of baking chocolate is Guittard.
There are a lot of keto sweeteners on the market. I chose the confectioner’s sugar-style sweetener for baking.
Hungry For More Keto Cookies
- These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies are divine.
- Or try my Keto Pecan Snowballs for your next Holiday Cookie Swap.
Traditional chocolate chip cookies
- Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies – they have just enough dough to hold the chocolate together…topped with the perfect sprinkling of flake salt.
- Momofuku Milk Bar Compost Cookies – the most adventurous chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever made.
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips, or sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Beat wet ingredients together with a mixer or stick blender.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with a mixer until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop balls of cookie dough (about 1 Tbsp in size) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. You can press these so they are flatter and less ball shaped.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just browned on the edges. Cool before serving.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Sign In to add your own private notes