While these ARE cookies and they DO qualify as a sweet treat these cookies are made with basic good-for-you ingredients. They are grain-free and Paleo.
These cookies are nutty and have salty-sweet flavor vibe.
When I make a batch at our house the kids and husband can’t keep their hands off of them. I like knowing that they are snacking on a ‘healthier’ cookie.
The hazelnut flour gives these cookies a rich nutty flavor. I used extra dark chocolate chips. My favorite brand of baking chocolate is Guittard.
Don’t be fooled by their homely exterior. These cookies are amazing.
Hazelnut and chocolate is just a magical flavor combination. [Why do you think Nutella is so popular?]
NOTE: Find hazelnut flour in most well-stocked grocery stores. You can order it online here if you can’t find it locally. this recipe also works equally well with almond flour (or almond meal). You can even combine the two.
If you prefer a more traditional chocolate chip cookie that is anything but conventional, try one of these recipes:
- Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies – they have just enough dough to hold the chocolate together…topped with the perfect sprinkling of flake salt.
- Cascade Beach Chocolate Chip Cookies – for those who prefer the perfect dough to chocolate ratio.
- Momofuku Milk Bar Compost Cookies – the most adventurous chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever made.
Did you make this recipe? If you loved it, make sure you leave a 5-star review and a comment! 👇
I love to hear from you! ➡️Follow me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram, OR Pinterest.
Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Beat wet ingredients together with a mixer or stick blender.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with a mixer until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop balls of cookie dough (about 1 Tbsp in size) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just browned on the edges. Cool before serving.