First of all, I'm in love with chia pudding. I'd wanted to make a spiced chia latte version for awhile. There are so many things that I love about this recipe. Imagine a creamy chia latte in pudding form.
This post does contain affiliate links. Please see my Affiliate Link Policy.
Vital Proteins® reached out to ask if we would be interested in doing some recipes with their Collagen Peptides. Inspiration hit and chai latte chia pudding was born.
Vital Proteins® has several different flavors. For this recipe I used the Plain Collagen Peptides.
Collagen peptides are a perfect match for chai pudding. They're virtually flavorless and don't change the texture or flavor of the pudding one bit.
I'm a foodie and have a really good sense of taste. I can taste a mild protein flavor when I add this supplement to plain water. However, that being said, it's not off-putting at all. In this chia pudding recipe, you will have no idea that it has been added.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are very absorbent and create a smooth creamy texture when mixed with milk. Chia seeds are also a great source of healthy Omega-3s.
- Dairy-Free Milk: I like the flavor of coconut milk in this recipe best. I use canned full-fat coconut milk.
- Strong Chai Tea: Brew a very strong chia tea. I usually use 3 tea bags in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Spices: Cinnamon and Cardamom
- Honey: Adjust the amount of honey to suit your own taste.
- Collagen Peptides: I have only used Vital Protein Brand collagen peptides.
Step by Step Directions
- Make strong chai tea.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Transfer to pudding jars for storage.
More chia pudding recipes
We also have two other chia pudding recipes on the blog. Dark Chocolate Chia Pudding and Fresh Strawberry Chia Pudding.
Why eat Collagen, you ask?
Collagen protein is excellent for your connective tissue. It's also one of the building blocks for healthy hair, skin, and fingernails.
Collagen comes from connective tissue that has been broken down in the cooking process; for instance, when you roast a whole chicken or cook a bone-in steak.
But nowadays a lot of us cook with boneless, skinless chicken. While that is an excellent source of lean protein, cooking this way causes us to miss out on the nutrient-rich collagen that comes from the connective tissue.
This is why supplementing with bone broth is a good idea. Bone broth contains minerals and other nutrients that support your immune system function.
Collagen is also specifically known to heal your gut lining and reduce inflammation. Including it in your diet is beneficial in so many ways.
Chai Latte Chia Pudding
- pudding jars
- Make the tea using 3 tea bags and 1 cup of boiling water.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Distribute the pudding into pudding cups or small ramekins.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.