This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
The spiced chai latte recipe is a twist on an old classic. The creamy, rich texture of the pudding comes together to create something special that you cannot get enough of!
Vital Proteins® reached out to ask if we would be interested in doing some recipes with their Collagen Peptides. Inspiration hit, and chai latte chia pudding was born.
Vital Proteins® has several different flavors. For this recipe, I used Plain Collagen Peptides.
Collagen peptides are a perfect match for chai pudding. They’re virtually flavorless and don’t change the texture or flavor of the pudding.
I’m a foodie and have a perfect sense of taste. I can taste a mild protein flavor when I add this supplement to plain water. However, that being said, it’s not off-putting at all. In this chia pudding recipe, you will have no idea that it has been added.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are absorbent and create a smooth, creamy texture when mixed with milk. Chia seeds are also a great source of healthy Omega-3s.
- Dairy-Free Milk: I like the flavor of coconut milk in this recipe best. I use canned full-fat coconut milk.
- Strong Chai Tea: Brew a very strong chia tea. I usually use 3 tea bags in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Spices: Cinnamon and Cardamom
- Honey: Adjust the amount of honey to suit your own taste.
- Collagen Peptides: I have only used Vital Protein Brand collagen peptides.
How To Make Chia Pudding
- Make strong chai tea.
- Mix all of the ingredients.
- Transfer to pudding jars (affiliate link) for storage.
More chia pudding recipes
If you love chia pudding as much as we do check out our Chia Pudding 6 Ways post.
Why Eat Collagen, you ask?
Collagen protein is excellent for your connective tissue. It’s also one of the building blocks for healthy hair, skin, and fingernails.
Collagen comes from connective tissue broken down in the cooking process; for instance, when you roast a whole chicken or cook a bone-in steak.
But nowadays, a lot of us cook with boneless, skinless chicken. While that is an excellent source of lean protein, cooking this way causes us to miss out on the nutrient-rich collagen that comes from the connective tissue.
This is why supplementing with bone broth is a good idea. Bone broth contains minerals and other nutrients that support your immune system function.
Collagen is also specifically known to heal your gut lining and reduce inflammation. Including it in your diet is beneficial in so many ways.
Chai Latte Chia Pudding
- Make the tea using 3 tea bags and 1 cup of boiling water.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Distribute the pudding into pudding cups or small ramekins.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.