This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
We all need to indulge once in a while. Even when you are doing your best to keep it together in the nutrition game, sometimes something sinful and decadent can’t be ignored. That is where this protein shake comes in.
Tasty enough to be dessert — 29 Grams of Protein
But don’t let it fool you – this peanut butter banana protein shake is super clean eating.
Okay, maybe you shouldn’t slurp down one of these every day…
However, building a peanut butter banana shake with a whopping 29 grams of protein really helps to make this shake a little less of a dirty cheat. This would be a great recovery shake after a really intense session of lifting. It’s a little high on the carbs, but with all the protein it is the perfect recipe for feeding your muscles just what they need after a depleting workout.
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
- 1 banana , frozen
- 36 grams whey powder, or vegetable protein
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (affiliate link)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup ice
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- crushed peanuts
- Add everything to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a tall glass.
- Optional: Smear caramel sauce on the inside of a tall glass, then top with whipped cream and crushed peanuts.