This lasagna is low carb, high protein, and totally gluten-free. It has so much flavor you won't miss the noodles one bit.
This week, I ended up with a ton of fresh garden vegetables.
My sister-in-law gave me a few fresh zucchini and tomatoes from her garden, and then my neighbor brought over a ton of heirloom tomatoes.
So, of course, my brain started thinking about what I might create with this windfall of beautiful ingredients!
With all that fresh zucchini, the first thing that came to mind was gluten-free lasagna. But then really...how many times has typical no pasta lasagna been done? I wanted to find my own way of redoing this dish.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
When I smelled this lasagna cooking in the oven, I knew it was going to be amazing.
- A rich roasted red pepper bolognese gives this lasagna a zesty twist.
- The lemon dill ricotta is so light and fresh and gives this lasagna its distinct Greek flavor.
- It's Gluten-Free
- It makes the best leftovers.
➽ Did you make this recipe? I love to see what's going in your kitchen. Show me what you're cooking. 🍳 Tag me @foodologygeek on your favorite social channel! Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest. If you loved ❤︎ this recipe, please leave a 5 ★ review and a comment!
Garden Fresh Greek Lasagna
Roasted Red Pepper Bolognese
Lemon Dill Ricotta
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450℉
- Place the bell peppers, tomatoes, 8 peeled cloves of garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper into a roasting pan.
- Roast for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place red peppers into a ziplock bag to cool. Set the remained of the roasted veggies to the side.
- Turn oven off to cool.
Zucchini and Eggplant
- Using a mandoline, slice zucchini into long slices about ¼ inch thick.
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch thick rounds.
- Lay the zucchini, one layer thick, on a clean lint free dish towel and salt generously. Cover with another towel and repeat with the remainder of the zucchini and eggplant.
- Cover all layers with a final towel and let them sweat until ready to assemble.
Lemon Dill Ricotta
- Add ricotta, greek yogurt, pressed garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and dill to a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Brown lamb, ground beef and onions in a sauce pan.
- Add roasted tomatoes and garlic to a large sauce pan.
- Remove skin and seeds from the roasted red peppers.
- Add roasted red peppers to the sauce pan.
- Using a stick (immersion) blender, puree the roasted tomatoes, garlic, and red peppers until smooth.
- Add browned meat mixture to the pureed roasted vegetables.
- Add oregano and crushed red pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Add ⅓ bolognese to the bottom of a lasagna pan.
- Add one layer of zucchini.
- Add a layer of lemon dill ricotta.
- Add a layer of eggplant.
- Add another ⅓ of the bolognese.
- Add ½ of the shredded cheese.
- Place lasagna pan on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour. Until cheese is bubbly and brown.
- Let rest for 20 minutes before serving.