Onion Jam is made with loads of caramelized onions and savory herbs. Slather it all over a juicy burger or serve with a creamy warm brie for a super simple appetizer.
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large Vidalia onions diced
- 2 sprigs Parsley
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Champagne vinegar
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Add the diced onions and the oil to a large saucepan.
- Caramelize onions on med-high heat until translucent and golden brown. Stir occasionaly.
- Add in herbs and sugar. DO NOT STIR.
- Raise the heat to high and let sugar melt until the mixture becomes golden and bubbly. Still DO NOT STIR.
- After the mixture is golden and bubbly, reduce the heat to low and the add vinegar and salt. Now you can stir.
- Cook until the mixture no longer has a strong vinegar smell. Approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool. Remove the herbs.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 3 months.