These curry noodle bowls are AMAZING! There is so much flavor in this tasty, slurpy, bowl of noodles. Make this yellow curry recipe with chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
I'm a huge fan of having a bowl of noodles.
There is nothing quite like a big bowl of warm slurpy noodles to warm the soul.
These Thai Curry Noodles are so good! I added chicken to the curry sauce to make this meal a little bit heartier. You could also use tofu or mushrooms as a substitute for the chicken.
Yellow curry has a warm and comforting flavor. When you pair all that flavor with tender juicy chicken and rice noodles you get a bowl of satisfaction.
All the toppings give this curry bowl a bit of texture and freshness.
Yellow curry noodles reheat really well. However, you should leave the extra toppings off until they noodles are reheated. The contrast of warm noodles and fresh crunchy veggies is unbelievably good.
Ingredients for making noodle bowls
I realize that not everyone has an Asian market in their area. So here are some of the harder to find ingredients that you can pick up on Amazon.
Note: These are affiliate links. If you click on them I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my affiliate link policy here.
- Rice Noodles – You can usually find rice noodles in the Asian section at the grocery store. Brown rice noodles can be a little harder to find depending on where you live, but you can order them here. For this dish I like the thick flat ones, sometimes there can be so many different kinds, it can be confusing if you aren't quite sure what you are looking for.
- Aleppo pepper and the
- Red Boat Fish Sauce. One thing here... do not be afraid of the fish sauce! On its own, it can be really intimidating. I am not going to lie, it's stinky but it really does add an umami flavor that is worth it.
- Red Curry Paste
- Yellow Curry Paste
- Coconut Milk
If you are feeling ambitious make your own curry paste.
Homemade Yellow Curry Paste has a fresh taste that doesn't compare to the stuff in a jar.
Check out this recipe if you want to make Curry Paste from Scratch.
Here are some other of my reader's favorite rice and noodle bowls
- Hawaiian Spam Fried Rice
- Butternut Squash Alfredo
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Puerto Rican Dirty Rice
- Indian Curry Risotto
- Shrimp Enchiladas
- Enchilada Pasta Casserole
- Phó Taî
Yellow Chicken Curry Noodle Bowl
Other Vegetable Addition Suggestions
- 1 red bell pepper diced finely
- broccoli chopped
- soft boiled eggs
- crushed roasted peanuts
- fresh-squeezed lime juice
- mung bean sprouts
- crushed aleppo pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook rice noodles according to directions. Since with cold water and set aside.
- Prepare the toppings ahead of time: Dice cilantro. Crush or chop peanuts. Soft boil a few eggs. Set aside.
- Dice chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a large pot combine the curry pastes, the spices, and coconut milk. Bring to a slow boil.
- Add the sugar and fish sauce. (see below for vegan options)
- Add the diced chicken the sauce and simmer until done about 5-8 minutes.
- Add any extra vegetable and/or tofu, and simmer for a few extra minutes.
- Divide the cooked rice noodles among 4 bowls. Ladle the chicken curry over the noodles.
- Serve with extra toppings, if desired.