Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
These Spicy Asain Portobello Mushroom Wraps are full of umami. They are hearty enough for meat heads and veg heads.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Portabello Mushrooms cleaned and diced
- ½ cup Celery diced finely
- ½ cup Carrot diced finely
- 4 Green Onions save the greens for garnish.saute the whites,
- 4 cloves Garlic pressed
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Mongolian Fire Oil
- 3 tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Aji Mirin
- 2 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup the real stuff
- 1 can Water Chestnuts diced
- ½ cup Extra Firm Tofu diced
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds black or white
- ½ cup Cashews roasted, unsalted
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- ¼ cup Water
- Lettuce butter lettuce or romaine works well here
Sauté the mushrooms, on medium high, in a heavy bottomed skillet with coconut oil and a little salt.
When the mushrooms are browned nicely remove them from the pan and set aside.
Add celery, carrots, the whites of the green onions, ginger and garlic. Sauté until fragrant. About 4 minutes.
Add the Mongolian fire oil, tamarind, rice wine vinegar, and maple syrup.
Add tofu, water chestnuts and cashews.
Return the mushrooms to the pan.
Mix the water and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
Make a well in the center of the pan and add the cornstarch slurry.
Bring liquid to a boil. The sauce should thiken and be nice and glossy.
Remove from the heat and add cilantro, greens or the onions, and sesame seeds.
Serve with lettuce cups.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 486mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1945IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2.3mg