Steak Grilled To Perfection And Paired With a Spicy Chimichurri Sauce
This Beast Bowl is one of my absolute favorites. First, of all it has steak. Second, it's spicy and fresh. Third, Guacamole! Need I say more? IOt's packed with protein, veggies, and healthy fats.
It's The Perfect Time to Start Another Whole 30
Clean eating and summer are the perfect partners. As you're shedding those comfy winter clothes you might be thinking – what the heck!? It must be time to do another Whole 30!
This Steak and Chimichurri Beast Bowl is the perfect addition to your Whole 30 recipe rotation. Sustainable healthy eating can be really easy if you find a few recipes that are easy to make, taste delicious, and keep you feeling satisfied.
That's where This tasty Beast Bowl comes In
Super-easy and super-tasty is just what your Whole 30 ordered. Whole 30 compliant eats are all about getting back to eating whole food again. Grass-feed beef with fresh Columbian Guacamole and Chimichurri Sauce is a winning combination, especially with tostones on the side.
Chimichurri sauce is a delicious spicy Columbian salsa and is awesome on basically everything! Think eggs, grilled shrimp, chicken, pork, beef, you name it!
The Juicy Steak – Marinated and Grilled
Choose any cut of steak that you like here, but one of my favorites is a flat-iron cut – it's really flavorful and super tender, plus really affordable. Other excellent choices are London broil or chateaubriand cuts.
I usually grill 2 or 3 flat iron steaks at a time, this way I have enough for a dinner for four people, and then leftovers all week.
The recipe for Columbian Guacamole uses sweet vidalia onions and serrano peppers, a delicious combo that makes it a little sweeter and a little spicier than the Mexican variety.
A word On Tostones
Tostones are green plantains that are double-fried in coconut oil and then salted. They are absolutely fantastic – they take a little bit of work but are totally worth it. I highly recommend giving them a try, and they're awesome dipped in guacamole.
For a fast and easy substitute, prepared plantain chips are a quick stand-in. Trader Joe's has great pre-packaged roasted plantain chips. Check it out in your local store, or you can order online here if you don't have a Trader Joes near you.
Grilled Steak Chimichurri Beast Bowls with Fried Tostones
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 12 ounce dark beer
- 4 jalapeño peppers seeded and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup green onions
- ⅓ cup shallot
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- ¾ tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green plantains
- ½ cup coconut oil
- small bowl of water
- coarse salt
- Columbian guacamole
- fresh cilantro
- fresh limes
Bonus: Columbian Guacamole
- 4 avocados
- ½ Vidalia onion finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juiced (more if desired)
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 serrano peppers finely diced
- Make marinade and add flank steak.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill on a very hot grill, 2 minutes each side.
- Remove steak to a platter. Cover and seal with foil. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add all ingredients to a the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients are finely minced.
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix with a fork until still chunky, but blended together.
- Peel green plantains, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat about ½ cup of coconut oil in a cast iron or other heavy bottomed skillet.
- Set pieces of plantain in skillet flat side down.
- Fry on each side until golden brown. (I use chopsticks to turn mine)
- Remove from oil and place on a plate.
- Use a second plate to press the fried pieces flat.
- Quickly dip the smashed tostones in water and the return to oil.
- Fry on each side for a few minutes.
- Remove and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
Build Your Beast Bowl
- Add all of your favorite fixin's to a large bowl.
- Top with steak, Columbian guacamole, chimichurri and tostones.
Do You Want More Beast Bowls?
We have so many Beast Bowl recipes! Stop by FoodologyGeek.com and add a few to your Whole 30 recipe rotation. At Foodology Geek we believe that meal-prep should never be boring and doesn't have to be hard.