Healthy Snacks are a must in our house.
Pumpkin spice protein bites are a great way to have a small treat that’s a little sweet and won’t send your healthy eating intentions off the rails.
Since it’s pumpkin season right now – and I love everything pumpkin – I wanted to share these with you.
This recipe was given to me by a friend.
My friend Jennessa is one of those people that has it all together. She’s incredibly beautiful and not just on the outside. Jennessa is one of the most considerate, caring, and generous people that I know. So I wasn’t surprised when I asked if I could share her recipe for these she was like – ‘Hey, no problem.’
I met Jennessa through a friend and then she became my hairstylist. After years of having her do my hair, she has also become a great friend of mine. We are both incredibly busy and we don’t always have time to get together. But last week we managed to get in a hike.
Jennessa is also a foodie and a total fitness junkie. We are always talking about recipes. On our hike, I was telling her how I wanted to make a protein ball recipe that was pumpkin flavored. So of course after the hike, Jennessa went home whipped up a batch of these and sent me the recipe!
[If you want to check out some of her and her teams’ awesome hair artistry work at Salon Amnesia, take a look at their Instagram: @salonamnesia.]
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites
- Purée the dates in a blender or food processor.
- Then add all ingredients into a bowl and mix up.
- Roll into balls. I used a small cookie scoop and got about 36 balls.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Optional: Roll balls in cocoa nibs, finely chopped nuts, or dried unsweetened coconut.
- Freeze and then put in a freezer bag to store.
- Note: After they are frozen I'll put them in a big ziplock and take out a few at a time to enjoy. You have to let them thaw a little. I usually pack them in my lunch in the morning, put them in the fridge and by the time I'm ready to eat them, they are fine.